Lucy Bronze x Reader (31) & Alexia Putellas x Character (5)

(Only a little piece of Alexia in here...)

((**Any theories on who Joe is, sent me a DM xD**))

YFN woke around 8:30am, having a decent sleep after her long day. She'd slept the best she had done in a week, and the only explanation was the warm right-back who was now gone. It was a disappointing feeling, waking to feel her not there, yet was superseded by the feeling of peace and security that came with the conversation she'd had the night before with Lucy. Lucy. She'd be halfway to Barcelona by now. She rolled over and could still smell Lucy there as if she'd only left a few minutes ago. She must be so tired, she thought, hoping she'd be able to sleep on the plane.

She woke and had her shower, letting herself chuckle a little at Lucy's blue toothbrush and made her way out to the kitchen to find a note from Lucy on the kitchen island.

Good morning, little one.

You have no idea how difficult it was to leave you in bed this morning.

I ordered breakfast for you for 9am. I hope I got the timing right and they don't wake you up.

Have a great day, please; I know I will now that I've seen you.

Remember: I won't have a phone until the end of today or tomorrow... and please also remember to cancel the company car.

PS: I love you, and don't worry, you were too tired to talk in your sleep last night.

Lucy x

God, that woman. She pulled the piece of paper to her chest and held it there, unable to contain her smile. She looked at the time. It was almost 9am. Lucy knew she only slept seven or eight hours a night and had, of course, timed it perfectly.

She checked her phone and the first thing she did was respond to Joe.

Joe: Which do you like best?

Joe had sent a few links to cars.

YFN: I'm sorry, Joe. Please disregard. No need for a car. Do you have time for a phone call this morning?

Joe: Copy that. I'll call in ten.

She went back to her other messages and emails which mainly concerned the edits that her colleagues had done. One by one, she approved them to be posted to social media. This first round had been a test for many things, one being the editing following the collection of footage at the games. She'd expected there to be some need for notes or changes, but she didn't find any. Joe really had chosen some talented individuals.

Lumos group chat: YFN: Morning all! First round was a success! Fantastic job, everyone. The footage we've collected is remarkable. I'm happy for all of these to be posted today. As for the interviews, I've reached out for players approval and will post them once I have them.

Again, fantastic work, and a reminder to ensure we've sent the personal videos and photos to the players for their own use.

Our goal for next round is to post real time recordings of the game, goals and significant events.

Any suggestions, feel free to let me know!

The group chat started responding eagerly as a knock came at the front door. YFN jumped until she realised it would be breakfast. She checked through the peep hole before she collected it.

Lucy had ordered her an acai bowl, juice, and more of the banana bread she'd loved from last night. She dug in, hoping Lucy had a chance to eat before training. Her phone started buzzing and she dropped her spoon to pick it up.

"Morning, Joe."

"YFN! Good morning, how are you after yesterday? I imagine you slept well."

"You're not wrong there!" She laughed. "It took a lot more out of me than I realised, Joe! But on a positive note, I think it was a success."