Lucy Bronze x Reader (29)

YFN eventually managed to find a car park and carefully park Lucy's car. Still no phone call. It was now 6pm.

She turned the car off and sighed her stress, placing her head on the steering wheel. She didn't want to text, and now she didn't want to call. Was Lucy ashamed that she'd been caught on camera with Ona? Was their relationship more serious than she realised and Lucy just didn't know how to tell her? Was she just a convenient fling in England for her? Perhaps an easy break without emotional complications was for the best.

"You're okay," she whispered to herself. She heard her tears hit the centre of the steering wheel. "You're going to be okay. This is why we don't let people in, Blue." She sniffled. "It hurts right now but we're going to be fine. We always are."

Talking to herself out loud always helped her when she was a kid, trying to understand the strong, scared emotions her father stirred in her, and she'd carried that on into adulthood.

She sniffed again and lifted her head, wiping her tears and attempting a smile for her colleagues. She knew that if she stayed in that car, she'd just fall further into that emotional wreck, and so she grabbed her equipment and entered the stadium.

The game hadn't even begun yet, it was scheduled for 6:45pm, so she had time to get through security with her pass and head to the bathroom where she tidied herself up and made the decision to take Lucy's hoodie off, and switch to a Lumos hoodie. It just felt like the right thing to do. She folded it carefully and placed it in her workbag, with the intention of leaving it at Lucy's apartment that night. She figured it would make sense to leave the keys there as well, though her main concern was the car. She didn't have one.

YFN: Hi Joe, any chance I can take you up on that previous offer for a work vehicle?

Joe was always working. She replied almost instantly.

Joe: Absolutely! I'll get onto that first thing in the morning.

Joe: Also, I've had a look through the footage from tonight. It's excellent.

YFN: Thank you, I appreciate it.

YFN: You picked some incredibly talented people for the job.. I can already see a need for a lot more people.

Joe: Just let me know what you need. I have a lot of faith in this.

YFN knew Joe was someone who poured her heart and soul into whatever she did. She was intelligent and a smart businesswoman, though the words from the twat, Mark, at the Charity Event had stuck with her. She knew she had to ask Joe what he'd meant when he'd mentioned "the controversy she brings", though she knew it was best for another night, and perhaps not over message.

YFN: I do too. I was also roped into doing our first interview with a few of the Arsenal and City players. I'll send you the rough footage now.

Joe: Looking forward to it!

YFN sent the footage and entered pitch side where the teams were warming up and was happy that the weather wasn't nearly as cold as it had been the previous matches. Emily spotted her first and came over to chat about the best photo spots, while Bridget was scouting around the entire edging of the pitch the find the best video positions. She eventually looped back around to them to join in on the work discussions.

It was during their discussions that YFN noticed a photographer taking footage of them all together. She'd never been to Broadfield Street Stadium before and so she assumed it was perhaps someone from media for one of the teams, however he was incredibly persistent and focussed on the Lumos trio. YFN didn't want to worry the girls, and so she finished up their discussions and let them get back to getting footage of the players during their warms ups.