Lucy Bronze x Reader (39) & Jordan Nobbs x Leah Williamson Mini (3)

((**This is now my largest chapter at 7.5k. Enjoy!**))

YFN had instantly fallen asleep in her seat on the plane and woke to the jolt of the landing gear absorbing the impact on touchdown. She shook her fatigue away and took her phone off flight mode. 11:15am UK time. She gave a sigh of relief that the flight had been quicker than usual. She knew she'd been cutting it close with the flight time and instead of Ruby picking her up as planned, she'd told her to go to the stadium instead so she could get an Uber. It worked out well, because it meant she had time to speak to Jordan without feeling rude talking in front of Ruby.

She collected her bags and timed the Uber well, hopping in immediately as she exited the building. The stadium was thirty minutes from the airport so she'd be arriving just at kick off. She wasn't too concerned, though. Bridget and Emily were also in Manchester for a 1300 game between Man City and Brighton and were getting a bit more experience up onsite with Ruby at her game. She was lucky to have such good workmates.

She slid into the cab with a polite hello and found the only contact with a fish in it.

"Hey chicken! How was Barcelona?"

"Oh my god, Dory, it was amazing. Absolutely amazing. But I'm dead on my feet."

Jordan laughed. "I'm guessing Lucy didn't let you sleep much?"

"Don't be cheeky. But you are correct."

"How many hours are you running on?"

She counted. "I had two hours sleep on the plane so...about five hours?"

"What?!"

"I think...I remember we had a 'midnight snack' but that was about 4am so..."

"You're unbelievable. Priorities, right?"

YFN chuckled. "I have no regrets beyond the struggle to walk-"

"Oh god! I don't want to hear it."

They both laughed together.

"How are you? Tell me everything."

Jordan hummed and then proceeded to tell YFN about her dreams and the flowers and note that morning.

"Why didn't you lead with that?!"

"I don't know. Good news before bad?"

"You think the flowers and note are bad news?"

"I don't know. My head's all over the place from the dreams. They were good and bad, but it's just wrecked me emotionally."

"I understand that...it's not great for game day. Are you on your way there now?"

"Yeah, I'm on the bus. We have another hour and a half to go."

"Well, you can't resolve these emotions before the game because that would be a miracle. So how about you put a movie on and distract yourself? Don't sleep, you won't be able to.

"Yeah, I think I'll do that to be fair..."

"Perfect. Have you messaged her?"

"No. I can't do that today. Trying not to mess with my head before the game."

"That's all good, I was going to suggest maybe not responding until after the game."

"You're doing two games today, aren't you?"

YFN's mouth almost dropped open. "You have no idea how proud I am that you remembered that? I told you a while ago..."

"Oh, sorry, I should probably keep up my forgetfulness, right? Who are you again?"