Alexia Putellas x Character (21)

Join our WOSO Discord chat! Link in bio :)

((** 2.8k**))

Just a small one tonight! :) I split this chapter.

Alexia POV

Ridley's jaw was tight, but her face was kind. To anyone, she'd be hospitable – though to Alexia, she was hiding something very well.

Meg looked from Alexia to Ridley and back, realising that something was going on. She took the quick escape option.

"I was just leaving..." Meg muttered and stood.

Alexia was still in a state of shock, but she knew she had to take control of the situation, like she was so used to in football. She needed to show Ridley just how committed she was to being there for her. She stood.

"Meg?"

The physio spun, wide-eyed.

"Yes?"

"Thank you for the past few day. Please send me the... cost."

Meg hesitated. "You don't want another session?"

"No, thank you. That was my last."

She looked a little upset. She thought for a minute or two before taking a step towards the footballer and stopping herself. She looked to Ridley and back, a little embarrassed. "I'm sorry if I crossed the line..."

"No, it is okay. I have not made myself very... understandable the past few day. You've help my knee a lot." She gave her a gentle smile. "Please send me the cost."

She looked over at Ridley who was watching the exchange interestedly. She looked like she was going to speak; to tell Alexia she didn't need to push Meg away, but she didn't when the footballer flashed her a look to say she'd made her decision.

Meg nodded and walked towards the exit where Ridley stood. Alexia watched her pull her hand from her pocket and extend it towards Meg on the way out.

"This should cover it and then some," she murmured.

Meg hesitantly took the cash and nodded, exiting. She'd kissed Alexia without consent, though it didn't stop Alexia feeling guilty having led her on the past few days with some light flirting.

Silence hung for a few seconds as Ridley stepped into the room. "Well, it seems you've taken my advice."

"I think she misconstrued..."

"Alexia," Ridley responded in monotone Spanish, the footballer wincing at the use of her full name so seriously. She missed her nickname. "It's okay. You can be with who you want – you know that. We don't owe each other anything."

Even though she was just repeating their words from the other day, it still hurt Alexia because they both knew they owed each other something.

She knew she shouldn't, but she bit back.

"Are you saying that because you feel like it would only be fair after the women you've slept with?"

Ridley looked almost distraught. This wasn't the way either of them wanted this to go. She stepped forwards.

"No, Alexia. I just want you to be happy. You deserve that."

Alexia stepped forward also, her head now having to look up slightly. "And those friends with benefits make you happy, do they?" She asked huskily with emotion. "Do they fill that void left by you not able to get me out of your head?"