Lucy Bronze x Reader (22)

"You can't wear that." Lucy said from behind her.

She spun around, surprised. "Is it... does it look bad?"

Lucy moved up behind her, turning her back around to face the mirror again, her arms coming around her and her chin finding her shoulder. "You look so stunning, that I won't be able to keep my eyes off you." She admitted huskily into her ear. "Also, it just so happens that there will be a lot of single, attractive female footballers and I don't want any of them gawking at you or trying their luck."

YFN laughed, her hand reached to find the back of Lucy's head. "You know, if I were in a room filled with all of the people in the world, those I knew, and those I didn't, the first person I'd look for would be you, Luce."

Lucy liked that. Her grin appeared and she kissed her cheek, hard. And then softer with butterfly kisses down to her neck until it tickled.

"Ai lovebirds! You decent?" Katie yelled before she flung the door open anyways with a grin on her face and a bottle of whisky in her hand.

"Katie!" YFN yelled excitedly and jumped on her. Katie laughed and hugged her tightly.

"Hey chick, how're you?!"

"I've been a little better.." She admitted as she found her feet and gestured to her little bandage above her eye. Her black eye was now just a tinge of light yellow, easily covered by makeup.

"Chick!" Caitlin had her arms out behind Katie and YFN fell into those also. "Missed you." Caitlin said into her ear. YFN didn't realise how much she missed the Australian accent.

"I missed you guys too."

"You only saw each other a week ago." Lucy grumbled, her jealously a little obvious.

"You should know, Bronze, a week's trainin' is like a month's trainin'," Katie laughed as they clapped hands.

YFN caught Lucy's eye and she knew they were thinking the exact same thing. 13 days.

Caitlin stepped around YFN to greet Lucy as Jordan appeared, looking sexy for their night. YFN gave her an intentional up and down look and then winked at her. Jordan grinned proudly. They'd wanted Jordan to look her best because... why not? YFN's intentions were primarily to build her confidence, though she assumed Jordan's were more along the lines of a "fuck you" to Leah, wanting her to see what she gave up. Either way, she supported it. They moved to the living room and YFN turned to Katie.

"What are we in for tonight?" She asked nervously. Lucy moved to her side, a hand slipping around to hold her hip. Lucy was obviously already feeling the goodbye, and so needy Lucy was here for the night, it seemed. Luckily it was her favourite. She leaned into her.

"SORRY! Sorry!" Beth yelled as she came through the door. "We were on the phone."

"Beth was on the phone." Viv corrected, looking less than impressed. Her usual expression. The little tinge of Scottish when she spoke English was adorable.

They both made their rounds of hellos and hugs, settling into their circle. "What did we miss?"

"Katie was just about to tell us how mad tonight is going to be." Jordan explained, looking at Katie expectantly.

Katie held up the bottle of whiskey. "That's what this is for, girls! Just to take the edge off!"

"Katie-"

"Nah, chick." Katie said to Jordan. "I think you'll all be needin' just a sip of this first. Nothin' too crazy, we're all in trainin' after all."

They each took a shot, some more reluctantly than others, and then Katie put the bottle into the fridge. A 'housewarming gift' she said.