Lucy Bronze x Reader (6)

Jordan and YFN were comfortably spread out on the couch, an array of snacks laid out on the blanket they were sharing. YFN hadn't told Jordan about her interaction with Lucy yet, and she was a little worried about doing so. The last thing she wanted was for Jordan to feel like she was less important. She still had no idea what was happening, and the fact that she was just on a spontaneous holiday sat in the back of her mind, but she kept it back there. She didn't have a job or worries, she knew that she might meet people along the way who would be meaningful in her life. She was already so close to Jordan that she couldn't imagine being back across the other side of the world from her, let alone whatever she had with Lucy. Was Lucy just looking for a quick fuck because she knew YFN was only here for 2 weeks? She ignored that thought, knowing that whatever was happening between them was far more than just a casual fling. But was it even possible to have more? And did they both want that?

She internally groaned. She hated overthinking things, it just wasn't her. She was much more care-free than that. She happily pushed all of those thoughts aside and reminded herself of her motto. Whatever happens, happens. As long as she maintained respect for herself and those involved, she would happily be involved in whatever this was with Lucy.

Jordan nudged her foot as she texted. "Luce said the dinner party's done and she has some gossip. Would you mind if she comes over?"

Yes, please. "Not at all."

"Excellent. She'll be here in 5."

The restaurant was much further away than that, so she knew Lucy must have already been on her way. Oh, she was excited.

Five minutes later, Lucy knocked and entered without permission. Jordan didn't seem phased, this must have been a common thing with them. Lucy found them in the living room looking quite comfortable on the couch.

"How's the food poisoning?"

"I think all of these snacks have made it worse, to be honest." YFN laughed.

Lucy's eyes widened at the amount of snacks covering the two. Jordan saw this and defended them. "Don't judge us, we're feeling our emotions."

Lucy laughed and gave a little leap over the couch to sit on YFN's free side. She kicked her shoes off and YFN lifted the blanket they shared, pulling it to cover Lucy's legs also. Lucy loved the thoughtfulness and stretched her legs out. Jordan threw a few different snacks over to Lucy.

"Are these sad or happy emotions?" Lucy asked.

"A bit of both," YFN shrugged. "Subject to change with your gossip."

"Ah," Lucy didn't have much gossip. She really just wanted an excuse to be around her. "Well.. when you left Leah asked me a few questions. She wanted to know who YFN was and where you were from, whether you two were in a relationship-" her finger gestured to the two of them.

"-wait," Jordan cut her off. "She was jealous?"

"Mmn.. maybe a little to be honest. And protective."

Jordan scoffed. "She has no right!"

"Oh I know, but feelings don't just disappear that quickly..." Her extended foot touched YFN's under the blanket which caused her body to flinch but Lucy noticed she didn't move away. Jordan didn't notice. "She still cares for you, Jords. You know that. She was upset, she just wants to talk to you. From our conversation she seems to miss your friendship."

Jordan was quiet.

"You know you miss her friendship also," YFN said softly as she leant over to squeeze Jordan's hand.