Lucy Bronze x Reader (48) & Alexia Putellas x Character (14)

((**5k. Split between YFN and Alexia's POV. Gentle reminder that Alexia refers to YFN as Blau (Blue in Catalan)**)

Seeing Lucy crying cut Alexia to her core. Brave, confident, happy Lucy. She watched from the other side of the room near Ridley's own hospital bed. They'd tried to console her but they could only do so much. The rest would come when Blau woke.

The past day had been such a mix of emotions ranging from happiness when she and Lucy were up talking, to nerves when they'd gone to pick up Ridley, to complete and utter despair. Ridley was currently sitting in her hospital bed, still a little effected by the drugs after her surgery to realign the bones in her hand with screws and pins. She now wore a black cast though she didn't seem too bothered over it as her attention was also on Lucy who was sitting in a chair beside Blau's bed, holding her good hand, her forehead on it and her body shaking as she sobbed. She'd woken a few times but never for long, and never long enough that she'd remember it.

Alexia couldn't leave if she wanted to. She couldn't leave Lucy, not like that. Ridley must have sensed it because she didn't usher her away or suggest she be somewhere else. One look and she knew why she needed to stay.

A nurse came in then and hesitated when she saw Lucy before she walked over to Ridley and Alexia.

"We just need one more signature from you, please," she said softly in Catalan, holding a clipboard out for Ridley.

Alexia opened her mouth to answer but Ridley beat her to it. "Of course, thank you Paula." She responded in surprisingly great Catalan as she took the pen with her left hand and signed the paper. Alexia couldn't help but look. She was paying for all of the expenses for her and Blau.

"Again, if any other cost comes up for them, please come straight to me. Don't involve them."

Paula nodded with a sympathetic smile before she left. Ridley's head leant back against her propped up bed as her attention turned to her friend, still waiting for her to properly wake.

"You speak Catalan?" Alexia asked in the language, genuinely impressed.

"Only a bit. It's far from perfect," she murmured, as if admitting a flaw. But it wasn't. Alexia was always surprised by her. She didn't compliment her Catalan, because Ridley didn't need or want that. She knew how good she was. She turned her head towards Alexia, both looking for a distraction.

"Have you thought more on your favourite...favour?" Ah, there it was. Her limited vocabulary in Catalan. It was cute. Though, when she spoke, she only tended to speak what she was confident with which made her sound very fluent and natural. People would barely notice if it weren't a long, complex discussion.

She thought on it. After Alexia had helped take her anger and calm her down, Ridley had felt in her debt. A favour owed, according to her. She always liked to be on the side of owning favours, not owing one, Alexia realised. Though she also knew she'd rarely ever take someone up on her charity.

"Not as of yet."

"Ah, let me know when you do, please. Anything you want, just name it." She said it without a care in the world, and Alexia truly did wonder just how rich she was.

"You're going to stay by her side, aren't you?"

"Of course."

"So you're going to London?"

"It appears so."

Alexia wondered how long she'd be gone for this time. Jonatan and the Barca management had fully approved that Lucy had time off to look after her, and her plan had been to take her back to London and look after her there while she prepped for the Olympic qualifiers. "When?"