Alexia Putellas x Character (28) & Lucy Bronze x Reader (58)

Join our WOSO Discord chat! Link in bio :)

((2k))

I recommend getting up to speed on the last few parts first!

Alexia POV

Alexia woke to the smell of food and then as her brain remembered, a feeling of dread took over. She'd hoped it were all just a dream, but it wasn't. Her eyes opened and spotted the breakfast that Benjami had laid on her bedside table – untouched. She'd not been hungry, and the overwhelming emotions had put her straight back to sleep. She saw her phone and already knew that she wouldn't have messaged her, yet there was still that faint bit of hope.

A missed call each and several messages from both Lucia and Blau, her agent, and a few of the Barca girls, yet no Ridley. Ona's messages stood out first, and that's when Alexia had realised that she'd answered her call before she'd gone back to sleep and had been in a very, very emotional state and needing to vent. She cringed at herself and ignored the messages, instead skimming over the other notifications, only finding interest in Blau's messages about the open day at Lumos.

She pushed the decision whether to go or not from her mind and dropped her phone, uncaring, as the realisation started settling it.

Alexia turned onto her back and stared at the ceiling. She was so very good at cutting off those feelings of hers, yet as she tried to hold back the sinking feeling and come to terms with the loneliness, her lips trembled a little and tears pricked her eyes. She refused to let them fall, instead locking her jaw and blinking away the sadness.

Alexia had never needed anyone. She was always strong and independent. Ridley was no exception for her.

It's not meant to be. She thought to herself like a chant. Over and over. She was Alexia Putellas. She didn't need anyone or anything.

Alexia swung her legs to the edge of the bed and forced her discipline to help her stand, as she had done most of her career. Discipline was everything for an athlete. She truly believed it was the difference between being good and being great. Even on the hardest days, such as today, she rose.

Her legs were a little unsure and she was sore but nudged both feelings aside. It would have been funny, being sore from sex, but today it wasn't. It was just a reminder of her. She wanted to hate her, she truly did, but she couldn't. Ridley had given her what she'd asked for, because Alexia had done the one thing Blau had told her not to do. She'd pushed her.

She told herself to stop thinking about what could have been as she stood, wincing a little. She moved on autopilot, taking the tray of now bad food to the kitchen, picking at the fruit which was still okay and then dumping the rest in the bin. She stared around the penthouse from her view in the kitchen. It was Ridley's place, not hers. She'd be lying if she didn't admit that she followed her to London because she had. It had only partially been about needing a break, and mainly about wanting to explore what they were. Now, all alone in the penthouse Ridley had built out of a promise to her brother, she didn't feel uncomfortable, in fact quite the opposite; it was comfortable to her still; however, she knew that leaving would be the right thing to do.

Ridley would never tell her to leave. She'd let her stay there for an eternity without any questions. She knew that. But still, it wasn't right.

Her eyes wandered the penthouse and she couldn't stop her thoughts of each interaction they'd had in the different places. The kitchen, making dinner. The lounge, when Ridley had laid her there after she'd hurt herself, her hand gently and expertly massaging her knees. The terrace and the pool where they'd spent time topless and having fun teasing each other. Her body moved to each spot, thinking it over, though this time she was a little more emotionally withdrawn, trying to understand if she were too biased at the time and had missed some hints. She hadn't. It had been perfect. All of it.