Lucy Bronze x Reader (33)

"Luce.." she cooed, happy to hear that deep, Northumberland voice.

"Little one," she repeated and YFN could hear her smile. "How was your day?"

She couldn't help but laugh as she took in her surroundings from her bed. "That's...a dangerous question. I'll tell you after but right now, can you please just tell me all about your past few days?" She rolled onto her side and held a pillow close to her body for comfort. "I want to hear everything."

"Everything, hm? Okay. Well yesterday I woke up in bed with you and I almost stayed. I was so close to stealing your phone and texting Alexia asking for a day off. I know she would have given me one."

YFN gave a happy hum, wishing she'd stayed but knowing it would have just been delaying the inevitable.

"After my flight I picked my car up from the airport and went home to feed Narla and change. She was a little confused, I think."

YFN pouted. She didn't like affecting anything with their relationship, she wanted it to be the opposite of a burden, though she knew it was only one night. She had also hoped that Narla would like her. She was nervous about that, but she'd always had a way with animals.

"Went to training, was teased by the girls..."

"Teased by the girls?"

"Yeah," she laughed almost embarrassed. "Apparently I've been a pain the past week and a few of them said they were happy I was back."

YFN remembered the not-so-Lucy, Lucy she'd seen in the FC Barca Instagram stories where she had been obviously upset and having to force a little smile for the cameras. Then she pictured Lucy, Lucy. Always a big grin, yelling and enjoying herself at training. She had been so busy the past few days that she hadn't looked at any social media besides Lumos'.

"Alexia, Kiera and the girls are excited to meet you. Also I think you'll be happy to hear that I've spoken to Ona."

"Oh?" She asked, surprised at multiple things she'd just said. Alexia Putellas was excited to meet her? Kiera was too? How much did the girls at Barca know about her? Also, "Everything is okay with Ona?"

Lucy hesitated. "She...okay I didn't speak to her about the relationship between her and I, I just sort of started talking about you a lot..."

YFN groaned as she rolled onto her back. "Luce, that's not the best way to go about it."

"I know," she said, a little stressed. "I just don't want to hurt her feelings..."

"Has she taken a step back?"

"Yes, but she's still overly friendly and even let me pick her up for training this morning. I'm thinking maybe I don't need to have the talk with her."

"I trust you Luce, whatever you decide is best. Just...protect that relationship, please? You won't forgive yourself if you go about it the wrong way."

"I'll keep an eye on it, little one. I promise. Oh, also security found the footage of my number one fan reaching over the boundary fence to grab my phone when I was meeting fans. She's banned from the stadium."

The audacity. She shivered. "But she can still follow you around and go to other stadiums?"

"Yes and no. Technically yes... but Barca have her on their blacklist and also the lawyers have officially drawn up the restraining orders. It was difficult because I need to protect you not just in the UK but in Spain also, and then if we ever travel..."

Her stomach did that weird thing when Lucy mentioned her need to protect her. Protective Lucy. "Thank you, Luce. Really. Thank you. I feel like such a weight has been lifted. Please tell me you also have restraining orders for you?"