Jordan Nobbs x Leah Williamson (11) / Lucy Bronze x Reader (55)

Join our WOSO Discord chat! Link in bio :)

((** 4.6k**))

Mostly Leah and Jordan :)

Leah POV

"I didn't wake you, did I? I completely blanked... you stopped replying and I didn't even think." Leah stressed as she drove.

"No, no, you're all good. I'm a little too wound up to sleep for long until Luce gets home, I think. I'm just waiting for the next shoe to drop with this whole drama."

"Is Ridley still there?"

"She left after I fell asleep, she has some meetings in town."

"So you were asleep?"

"Barely... it's okay. It's probably a good thing you have someone to talk to for your drive..." She cleared her throat and yawned. "Oh shit, did you see Beth scored a brace?"

"No?! I was there for her first. First one back since her ACL, I was crying."

"That'll be you soon, mate."

"Not this year," she almost grumbled.

"Oh? January?" YFN's tired voice piped up with excitement for her.

"I'm hoping so. I feel bad for leaving – I should be there to celebrate with Beth after the game."

"Okay stop right there, that's your anxiety talking. Beth knows that you needed to do go." YFN's support calmed Leah, and she knew she'd called the exact right person.

"Yeah... wait, did you speak to her?"

"I'm always chatting with the girls. A few of them are coming over after the game actually. It was last minute. I think Kyra got excited when she saw Lucy and invited herself and-"

"-and the rest of the girls jumped on board?"

"Something like that," she laughed wearily. "So it's a good thing I'm awake because I need to organise some food for when they get here."

"Don't you go over-exerting yourself mate."

"Pfft, I've spent the last week laying or sitting... I'm happy to hop around and stretch my leg."

Leah laughed at the way she'd said that. Her one leg. "You'll have two legs next week!"

"Hopefully the doctor's okay with me walking on it. I get to switch from a wheelchair to sexy walking stick. I really hope it's okay enough to because I'm worried about Luce's knee when she carries me everywhere."

"Not surprised. Has her knee been acting up?"

"At the risk of getting her in trouble with her England Captain... yes. It's been a bit swollen and I can tell it's giving her pain. She tries to hide it."

"She'll never admit it's sore, especially while you're still healing."

"I know, she's a pain. I've been massaging it and insisting she ice it, though. She and Alexia have been working out and training together, so I just hope she's being careful."

Leah heard the worry in her voice and it made her think about Jordan. She was never nervous to watch anyone play... except Jordan. She couldn't bear to watch her be pushed around. She was only small, after all.

"She's been through this a lot, YFN. She knows her limits better than anyone I know. She'll definitely be looking after herself." Leah reassured her.

"Mmn. I know you're right; I just worry."

"Well let me distract you then. I spoke to Jill and Alex and they're both excited for the podcast idea. They said you've been chatting with them?"

"Not as much as I've wanted to because of this drama, but yeah I've chatted to them a few times over the week. Alex is coming over tomorrow to talk a bit more about it all, and we'll catch up with Jill when we go to Manchester next week."