Lucy Bronze x Reader (17)

"I'll tell you what she said when I see you in a few days, okay? I think it's better done face to face."

Jordan sighed. "You're right, it's just my emotions talking. And you're sure you're okay? You have a nasty black eye in that photo.."

"I think that's the worst it's going to get, fingers crossed. It's still sore, and I'm going to have a scar but I'm okay, Dory." Lucy nudged her and jerked her chin towards the phone. "Oh, and Lucy wants you to know that you're my bodyguard while she's in Spain."

"I'm smaller than you, mate!" Jordan laughed. "I'll just make you come to all the training sessions so we have a Villa army to protect you."

"I don't think management will be happy with the potential of your players getting bricked by three of Lucy's wives, but I'll take whatever I can get!"

Jordan laughed and Lucy groaned at that, not looking impressed. YFN reached out and stroked her cheek.

"Oh, and you two soft-launched again?!"

"Did we?"

"Hard launch incoming soon!" Lucy said loud enough for Jordan to hear.

YFN raised her eyebrows and Lucy wiggled hers cheekily.

They ended the call with promises to see each other soon and talk about Leah.

YFN turned to Lucy who was doing a crossword. It was night time now, the Arsenal girls had left, and they were alone for another night in the hospital. YFN had suggested that Lucy go home to a more comfy bed, but that idea was met with an absolute no. She'd brought more clothes for them, as well as things to keep them entertained. Like the crossword.

"It's late..." YFN said.

Lucy nodded, finishing her word and then putting the it away. She put her arms behind her head and laid back against the inclined hospital bed, her eyes roaming over her girlfriend unashamedly.

"We need to talk about lawyer costs. I-"

"No."

"Luce, please-"

"Nope."

"This is my issue.. it's unfair."

Lucy shrugged. "Even if it was your issue, which it isn't.. your issues are my issues."

"I have the money, you know."

Lucy raised an eyebrow at YFN's cheeky attempt to start an argument. She was amused by it. "So do I, so much that I don't know what to do with it. And if I can't spend it on the people I love then what's the point?"

YFN's heart skipped at beat at that word, love, and she shared a look with Lucy, but chose to not go down that rabbit hole. Not yet. "Makes me feel like a prostitute."

The most genuine laugh bubbled up in Lucy that she'd ever heard. "Oh, I'd pay much more for your sex."

YFN groaned and rolled her eyes. "I don't like-"

"-things feeling one sided and like you're not contributing?"

She pouted at the knowledge that Lucy had perfectly summed up her thoughts.

Lucy leant forwards and took her by the waist, pulling her onto her. Lucy's hands went under her shirt, massaging her hips and waist. YFN's hands found Lucy's traps and gently traced there, and up the sides of her neck. All of it was so... natural.

"You give me so much already. There's no keeping tabs here. You'd do the exact same for me."

YFN knew there was no winning the conversation, also knowing she'd get her back at some stage. Money didn't mean much to either of them, and even if it did, they were both happy to spend any amount on each other.