Lucy Bronze x Reader (5)

(A little bit of Lucy's POV. I love the subtle differences in what they notice and how they think... 🥹)

Lucy was going crazy. She couldn't get YFN out of her head. Seeing her in the rain, those big blue eyes filled with worry as she held Jordan, a woman she'd never met before. The way she was always smiling to herself without even realising it. The amount of care she had for anyone and anything around her. Lucy knew she should have been prepping for the game, but she just had to message Jordan to get as much information out of her about YFN without her being suspicious. She was a writer, and a dreamer. A typical little go-with-the-flow Australian. Everything she did had made her fall just a little harder, from seeing her in the crowd wearing her jersey and hugging her family, to seeing her jump for joy at her goal, and laughing and bantering with Jordan like they'd known each other for years. Lucy knew she wore her heart on her sleeve but tried to hide it a lot of the time. This was a more aggressive form of that. Perhaps it's because she'd been alone for so long now, watching Keira move on had been difficult, but she still wished the best for her best friend. She'd been with people since then however she couldn't help but feel that this was different. She was falling. Hard. She didn't even know if YFN was attracted to women. Or athletes. She hadn't texted or called after Lucy gave her number to her, but was beaming when she saw her in the stadium. Was she just giving her space to prep for the game? Lucy had been frustrated at her overthinking and dug into her prep work. She pushed in the game, hard. She wanted to impress her. Her knee was screaming and she almost broke a rib when she somersaulted over a player, but it was all worth it to see the look on her face. She knew she was being cocky when she asked for a hug, but god it was worth it. She smelled so good and was so small and warm, it made Lucy tingle. She also knew she was being cocky when she asked if she wanted her autograph, but she was more than happy when she said yes. She was tempted to sign over her chest but thought better of it, opting for her collarbone instead. Lucy had to summon up most of her confidence to make it neat while they were touching each other. She placed a little number 2 with a smiley face next to it. When they locked eyes, the shy Lucy came out and she had to take in a deep breath and look away to avoid exposing her feelings in public. And although she was looking at Jordan and worrying about her when it came to deciding about the dinner party, her heart was aching to know YFN was coming.

Lucy was impatiently waiting, her knee bouncing. She'd saved two seats between her and Jorge for them and was beginning to worry. Were they coming? Just as she pulled out her phone to text, they walked through the door. Jordan in oversized clothes again and YFN wearing jeans and a loose black button up shirt, half tucked in at the front. Her golden brown hair was up in a messy but pretty bun and she looked happy. Their eyes met and Lucy had automatically stood as if she were back in the 1800s where chivalry was king. She internally cringed at herself. They both looked over at Leah and YFN leant in to whisper something in Jordan's ear. They two were suddenly laughing loud and hanging off of each other. A tiny bit of jealously twinged in her stomach and she pushed aside the stupid feeling. Lucy was a little disappointed when Jordan sat in the seat closest to her, though she was grateful to have some good chats with a much happier looking Jordan while YFN met most of the squad and their families. It warmed her heart to see her bantering with her family, especially her nephew. She knew she had to seize an opportunity to talk to her, and was happy when she was finally next to her. They brushed up against each other sometimes, a few of those times purposely by Lucy. The feeling of being so close to her was addictive. She was addicted to seeing her smile, hearing her laugh and the touches of her skin. She wondered what it would be like to go further, and just as quickly as the thought came into her head, she pushed it aside every single time it popped up. And it popped up a lot.

Lucy sharing her food felt so natural between the two because YFN would always be so grateful and happy, and always offer something in return. Food was one of Lucy's big love languages and she could feel it was YFN's also.