p r o l o g u e

At only 17 years old, Taylor found herself in the worst situation a girl her age could. Her career was barely taking off and she was still a teenager, but she'd made a stupid mistake and now she found herself in her bathroom about to pee on a stick. She was currently dating a boy from her town and they had slept with each other a few weeks ago after getting drunk one night. Taylor placed the pregnancy test on the counter waiting for the five minute timer to go off.
She flipped it over...

Pregnant

It was the words no 17 year old wanted to hear. The word haunted her, it had to be a false positive. So she took another test and yet again, it was positive. She began to cry thinking she was a failure, her mom heard her yell as she cried. She was scared.

Her mom, worried something had happened, rushed to her daughter's room, but she wasn't there so she opened the door to Taylor's bathroom. Andrea found her daughter in a fetal position on the floor as she cried. Her mother saw the pregnancy tests on the counter and asked no questions, she knew what was wrong. Taylor was afraid of telling her mother, they had a great relationship, but her mother had always been the most authoritarian out of both of her parents. To her surprise, her mother helped her up and took her to bed. Her mom laid down next to her. Neither of them saying a word. The room was filled with Taylor's quiet sobs as her mother lay kisses on her head. Her mother stayed with her until she fell asleep.

Taylor woke up later that night as her mother brought her dinner to bed.

"Sorry" was all that came out of Taylor's mouth

Her mom just nodded, and handed her dinner

"Eat something it'll be good for the baby"

Taylor picked at her food not really eating, she felt terrible. It was a mistake that would now haunt her for the rest of her life, she'd probably never have the career she had been wanting.

"Does Dad know?" Taylor asked her mother who had taken a seat in bed next to her

"Not yet"

"I'm sorry" Taylor blurt out again "its okay if you punish me, I messed up"

"Don't worry, morning sickness and labor will be the only punishment you need" her mom replied as she ran her fingers through Taylor's hair.

Taylor smiled for the first time making her mother smile.

"Wow I'm really going to be a grandma"

All Taylor could do was force a smile.

That night Andrea had told Scott that their daughter was pregnant, since Taylor was afraid to do so herself. Scott was understanding, although like Andrea they were both very upset since their daughter was very young and perusing the career she had always dreamed of. They were scared for her, they knew the media could be nasty.

Taylor woke up the next morning still feeling terrible, no one but her parents knew, she was still unsure if they'd even told her brother Austin.

"Can we see each other?" She wrote to her boyfriend

His name was Samuel Peralta, he was a tall blonde with green eyes and the only guy who had ever treated her right.

"Yeah, everything fine?"

"I'll tell you later"

She met up with Samuel after school, Taylor was homeschooled now so she waited for him to get out of school. They met at the park right in the middle of their houses, it was only a five minute walk each way. It was the park where they'd had their first date. Samuel had set up a picnic and then after they'd gone out for ice cream. Sometimes they would just come to this park after the sun had set and eat ice cream while they looked up at the stars. It was also the park where they'd share their first kiss and the one where Samuel had asked her to be his girlfriend. Now, it'd also be the place where she'd tell him that she was pregnant. Taylor got there before Samuel and she sat on the grass on their usual spot. Samuel spotted her right as he got there and walked over to her inevitably seeing her shed a few tears.

"What's wrong? He asked as he held her hands sitting right across from her, but got no response from Taylor.

He took her in his arms and comforted her for a few minutes, reassuring her that everything would be alright.

"I'm pregnant" Taylor said as she sobbed still in his embrace.

Samuel slowly let go of their hug and held her hand while wiping her tears with his other thumb.

"We're gonna be parents?" He asked confused

Taylor nodded and Samuel sighed.

"Don't worry, it'll be okay, I know we're young, but we'll make this work, I'll be there every step of the way".

Taylor's face looked relieved , while she was still sobbing, that's all she needed to hear all along, because there was no way she'd be able to pull this off on her own.

Kassandra Jules Swift was born on February 13 2008 at 1:13 pm. She wasn't originally going to have her mom's last name, but the hospital had messed up some paperwork and her parents never got around to changing it.

Authors Note:
TAYLOR SANG YLM WITHOUT ME (i don't have tickets)

Also if you guys have any requests for mother daughter moments pls let me know