s e v e n t y - s e v e n

Kas pov

What?

Oh

My

God

???

This can't be happening right now right?

No ones ever done this before

"No" I respond

"What?" Travis asks whispering and I can see the sadness in his eyes as soon as he hears my response

He sighs before speaking again

"I get it, I'm sorry for asking, Its just that that you know-" he says not finding the right words

"Travis?"

"What's up?"

"I was just kidding" I smile

"What?!"

"I was kidding, of course you can ask her to marry her, my mom deserves her happily ever after after all"

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah"

"And you feel comfortable with that?"

"I mean you already live at home, my life's not gonna change much because you two decide to sign a piece of paper"

"You're saying yes because you feel comfortable, and not because of your mom right?"

"Yeah" I lie

"Thank you Kas! You don't know how much it means to me that you're on board"

"Do you have a ring picked out?"

"Yeah, but I need you to see it, you're the person that knows your mom the best, I want to make sure she'll love it" he says taking out a small ring box from his jacket

"Its gorgeous" I say taking the box from him "it's definitely her style, you did a great job"

"I wanted to bring you to pick it out with me, but your moms been a little hard to convince to get you out of the house"

"Well you did great, and you made sure it's her size?"

"Yeah, I stole one of her rings to make sure"

"Are you serious? Have you not met mom? She's really observant, if one of her rings is missing she's probably suspicious by now"

"I took it out of her vanity, it's a ring I've never seen her wear, I doubt she noticed"

"Well if you say so" I say handing him the ring back "when are you proposing?"

"Paris, I have a whole thing planned out, dinner at a rooftop restaurant, I rented it out, I'm hiring an orchestra, and you can see the Eiffel Tower from there"

"You don't think that's a little cheesy?"

"You don't think your mom will like it?"

"No, she'll love that, have you not met her? I think it's a little cheesy though, everyone gets engaged in Paris"

"Who else have you met that's gotten engaged in Paris?" He chuckles