e l e v e n

"Hi Hun" mom says as I come in to the kitchen

"Hi" I say still sleepy and resting my head on the counter

"What do you want for breakfast? I'll make you anything you'd like?"

"Oh that's okay I just want some fruit, im not super hungry"

"Hey can we talk?"

I nod

"Travis is coming tonight okay?"

"Uh okay, thanks for telling me I guess, I'll call dad to pick me up right now"

"What? No, I'm telling you because I want you to meet him"

"Mom I'm not interested in meeting him, I've told you this before"

"Please, baby, can't you do this one thing for me?" She says as she stands in front of me and holds my hands. We stay silent for a moment and she pulls me in for a hug. "I really like him. please?"

"Fine" I say rolling my eyes as she's still hugging me

"Please be nice, I really like him"

I eat breakfast quietly as I watch Gilmore Girls on my phone alone.

I go upstairs and get into the shower. As soon as the water hits my body, I start bawling my eyes out. I'm terrified that my mom's going to get her heart broken again. They all just leave and I have to stay and pick up the broken pieces. They've all betrayed her, they treat her like she's the best person to ever walk the earth and then all of a sudden they break her heart and leave. Not to mention that most of her boyfriend's have not been my biggest fan. They've all pretty much wished I didn't exist. I finish showering but I just sit on the shower floor, letting the water fall until I feel myself calming down.

I change into jeans and a graphic tee and blow dry my hair. Then I just sit around on my phone all day. When I'm in the living room watching Mean Girls I hear the doorbell ring

Oh no I think

I hear my mom's footsteps as she walks to the door. I hear them talk but I can't make out what they're saying and quite frankly I'm not interested. So I go back to my movie.

"HEY KAS?" My mom yells

"YEAH?"

"WOULD YOU COME HERE FOR A SECOND?"

I pause my movie and walk towards the front door.

"What happened?" I say arriving but not looking up from my phone

"I'd like you to meet Travis"

I see mom standing there with a flower bouquet in her hand and the other hand is holding Travis hand.

"Hi" he says waving his hand

"Hi"

"Im travis" he says extending his hand out but at this point im back on my phone and I pretend i didn't see him and he places his hand back to his side.

My mom clears her throat so I can look up

"What?!?" I say looking up, my mom signals me with her eyes "oh right, I'm Kassie"

"It's nice meeting you" he says extending a flower bouquet to me " I brought you these, your mom mentioned tulips were your favorite"

"Thanks" I say getting the bouquet and setting it back on the table near the door

I walk back to the living room with my face stuck on my screen and I feel them closely follow behind

I press play on my movie and they both sit down on the other side of the couch