s e v e n t y - s i x

"Uhm I don't know, I can't choose one" I say holding back tears

"What's the first thing that comes to mind?"

"Her ex boyfriend" I blurt out, that about sums it all up

"Why? Can you give me a bit of context?"

"Well it felt like she preferred him over me" I say crying

"When was the first time you felt like that happened?"

"Well when I was 9, mom left for two months without saying goodbye and it felt like she didn't want me"

"Alright, I'm going to bring mom in now okay sweetie, do you need a minute to calm down?" She asks and I nod I walk over to the restroom to wash my face with cold water

I remember the day dad told me mom had left, it was a few days after my ninth birthday, dad had full custody of me by then but I'd get to see mom at least once or twice a week for dinner, not that she ate much back then, and she wasn't her usual self, but I liked keeping mom company, it gave me a sense of security knowing I got to see mom but yet one day after I was so excited to go see her, dad had to break the news to me.

Mom had left and she hadn't said goodbye.

I missed her a lot, I didn't have much context as to what was happening, I get it now, she was having a hard time, but that feeling I got when dad told me i wouldn't be seeing mom for a while comes back every few weeks, back then I had no clue how long I would go without seeing her again; or if I would even see her.

🤍🤍🤍

Travis pov

"Hey babe?" I whisper into tays neck as she's still half asleep

"Mhm?" She groans

"I was wondering if I could take Kas golfing with me"

"She's grounded trav" she says still not opening her eyes

"I know babe, but i thought that i would be good for her to get out of the house before we leave to Paris, she hasn't really done anything but read"

"Fine, she can go"

"Okay thank you baby, I love you" I say pecking her lips

"Mhhm byee", she says running her fingers through my hair and going back to sleep

I chuckle at her, she must be exhausted, she spent all weekend working, getting things ready for tour.

I walk over to Kassies room and peek inside, knocking on the frame, Taylor still hasn't given in in to giving her her door back.

"Hey Kas"

"Hi"

"Do you want to come golfing with me?"

"No, I'm good" she says going back to her book

"Come on, this is the third week where all you do is read"

"Trav, I don't want to go" she groans

"How come?"

"I dont know, I'm just tired"

"It'll be fun"

"Fine, but under one condition"

"What is it?"