o n e

Taylor's pov
"I love you" I whisper in my daughter's ear as I hug her from behind coming back into the kitchen after making a phone call.

"Love you too mom" she said not looking up from her phone since she was watching TikToks.

"Can we please put the phone down and eat dinner like civilized people?"

"Sorry, I was just looking at people's video showing their eras outfit" she says putting her phone down

"Are you still craving mac and cheese?"

She nodded

"Alright I'll make you some for dinner" I smiled at her.

I made steak and mac and cheese. I don't get to cook much but I really love cooking for my daughter. I try to sit down and eat dinner together as much as we can.

"Hey Kas?" I asked as she looked up while I stirred the mac and cheese.

"Yeah?"

"Have you packed yet?"

"Uh yeah"

"Ok just making sure"

After dinner we go to the living room to watch a movie together and relax before all this chaos begins. Kassey opted for mean girls, which is her favorite movie and we've seen it at least 100 times together. I agreed even though we watched it last month because it was the last night home before going on tour and I wanted us to have a nice time. I hand Kas her bag of Cheetos which she's obsessed with thanks to Selena and I grab a blanket for both of us. We're both cuddled on the couch with Benjamin lying on Kassey's feet as I listen to my daughter recite the entire movie and smile at her. Halfway through the movie I notice she's being very quiet as she lays down with her head on my lap. I figure she's asleep so I let her rest. I watch her as she peacefully sleeps and I move a chunk of hair out of her face. A teardrop falls onto her hair as I look at her and ask myself just how I got so lucky. I notice she's curled up just like how she used to when she was a baby. It's been hard being a single mom but i wouldn't trade it for the world. She's the best thing to ever happen to me. She's always been such a good girl, I've never had any problems with her. Well except for when she punched a kid and broke his nose and ended up getting expelled from school at 8 years old. I chuckle remembering how scared she was when we got home.

Kassandra's pov

"HURRY UP KASSEY, WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE" I hear my mother yell from down stairs.

"IM COMING"

We are about to leave to Arizona but as always I procrastinated packing. I told my mother I had already packed last night when she'd asked, but in reality here I was five minutes before going to the airport, frantically packing anything and everything in sight.

"Shit" I whisper to myself as I hear my mothers footsteps going up the stairs

"What the hell are you doing you said you were packed"

"Sorry"

"What am I going to do with you?"

"Hey you chose to have me"

My mom playfully rolled her eyes at me as she helped me pack.

"So have you chosen what surprise songs you're going to play for the first show?"

"Not yet, it's just it's the first show and I want to play the perfect songs and there's just so many to choose from" She said as I watched her fold my clothes into my luggage.

"If you don't play my suggestions I swear I'll DIE"

"Don't be so dramatic, besides you've literally listened to every one of my songs live from our living room including EVERY vault track"

" I don't care, besides I'm still mad that you didn't include Debut in the setlist so you have to make it up to me"

"Fine, I'll consider it" She said as she zipped up my luggage and helped me bring it downstairs.

We said our goodbyes to the cats since we wouldn't see them in a while and then they took us to the airport.

When we arrived at Glendale, or should I say Swift City, Era Zona. The drivers took us to our hotel. Usually when my mom's boyfriend wasn't with us she and I share a hotel room so we can spend more time together especially since we haven't been able to see each other much lately. Thank god Joe didn't come because I was really looking forward to stay with my mom. Besides I wasn't a very big fan of Joe although we both tried to stay cordial for my mom's sake. He also wasn't my biggest fan and I could tell that any time he would talk to me, I knew he wished my mom didn't have any kids, I know most guys who've dated her feel that way. I also didn't want to see him because I thought it was shitty that he wasn't going to show up for my mom on her big night.

🤍🤍🤍

We've been in Swift City for a few days now and usually my mom and I have breakfast together and then I accompany her to rehearsal. After that we usually go eat lunch and just come back to the hotel room and watch FRIENDS together since we can't really go out. Today however is going to be different, because it's opening night for the eras tour. Even though I am literally Taylor Swifts daughter, I am a hardcore Swiftie. Sometimes I wished i didn't know what all the Easter eggs were because I love to see people's TikTok's trying to decipher them and it looks like so much fun. I do love being the only person to have listened to every vault track ever though. I hung out with my mom the entire morning and watched as she got ready. I wore a mini denim skirt and a pink sequin crop top. Thankfully my mom isn't strict about what I wear but I could tell my grandpa disapproved by the look on his face. He said I was still a baby. My mom was almost ready, all she needed was to apply her lipstick, so I applied it for her as they rolled the cleaning cart backstage for my mom to get into in a few minutes.

"I still think the cleaning cart is stupid" I tell her as I make sure her lipstick looks perfect.

"It's a great hiding spot"

"Mom you're not fooling anyone with that"

"Well it wasn't my idea" she chuckles

I giggle with her too. I give her a long hug that she returns.

"Good luck" I whisper in her ear before letting go of the hug.

"Thank you, I love you so much baby"

"I love you too mom" I say and give her a another hug

She kisses my forehead and then lets me go from the hug.

"I'll see you in a few hours" she says before I start walking away. Then security begins to escort me to the tent.

"Break a leg" I yell as I'm not too far away " but only metaphorically"

My mom chuckles. When I get to the tent there is still some time before the show starts and I see fans trying to approach me but security keeps pushing them away.  I ask for them to be let through and I exchange friendship bracelets with them. Little do they know that my mom actually helped me make them (and scolded me for making unhinged jokes on some of them). I put the ones given to me on my other arm to keep them separate since I want to keep them and look at them later. I also ask to take pictures with a few fans on my phone because I really love their outfits and I want to show them to my mom later.

Authors note: I hope you guys enjoyed this, please give me your guys suggestions and opinions 🤍🤍