t w e n t y - n i n e

"I won't, but they probably will" he says and I roll my eyes "come on let's get you two with Andrea and Scott"

He leads the way to where my grandparents were seated and I see my mom with them and I freeze

"Go distract my mom, or I'm not leaving"

"No, I only promised I was going to tell her if she sees you here it's not my problem"

"Okay then I'm calling an Uber" I say and pull out my phone

"Kas I know you're not too fond of me and you probably will be even less after tonight, but I'm just trying to protect you"

"You're not my father I don't need you to protect me, you're just this random dude my mom decided to date"

"Ok, if you want your dad to protect you, I'll call him over"

"You know I was beginning to like you but I guess you're not as cool as I thought you'd be"

"Stop it with that, you know right now I could care less if you liked me, I'm just trying to do what's best for you"

"Fine, if you care so much about my safety then go distract my mom or I'll call an Uber"

"You know what? Fine. As long as you get back to the hotel safe, wait here" he says and walks towards my mom, I see him kissing her and taking her to the dance floor and I'm guessing Travis expected us to go up to my grandparents and tell them I'm at a club but there's no way in hell I'm about to do that.

"Come on, I already called an Uber"

"Gosh that was fast"

"Yeah well he's kind of stupid for leaving us, I had already called it when I threatened to leave in an Uber"

"He literally saw your screen, how the fuck did he not catch that?" Sam laughs

"Must be all the fucking blows to the head" I chuckle

"Do you want to look for a different club?"

"Yeah, one where Taylor swift isn't at- wait, he took our fakes"

"He set them down on the table, and forgot them when he walked away" she says holding them up

"Nice work" I say laughing as we high five

After a while in the car due to traffic, both of our alcohol levels start going down and we're both really quiet

"Actually, he just ruined the mood for the rest of the night"

"Yep, should we just go back to the hotel?"

"Maybe, I mean I really don't feel like going out anymore"

"Me either"

"Alright, let's just go, it's almost 4 anyway"

Sam and I head back to the hotel and open the door to the suite

"WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU TWO THINKING?!"

"Uh oh" Sam and I say and take a step back

"NO, COME BACK IN HERE I WANT TO TALK!"

"Sorry grandma, we just got bored and everyone looked like they were having fun and-"

"I DONT CARE, you put yourselves in danger, you shouldn't have been there, you're minors and you shouldn't be drinking"

"Oh my god every teenager does, do you really think mom and uncle Aus were perfect little angels? They got drunk as teenagers too, how do you think I came to be?"

"I don't care that everyone else does it, you are not going to be drinking under our supervision"

"Well technically we weren't under your supervision, we were left alone" I sass