s i x t y - o n e

"What? I thought everything was resolved?"

"It was but he got a new lawyer and they're saying its not enough proof, they're asking for more proof or a hearing in less than 24 hours"

"Kas is in the hospital, she can't go to court, can't they give us more time? Aren't we entitled to more time since Kas is in the hospital"

"Is Kas okay?"

"She had surgery, it's her jaw, she's doing better"

"I'm glad, I'm still trying to figure everything with Joe out, I thought I'd just let you know right away, but I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear back"

"Okay thank you" I say crying and I hug Travis as soon as I hang up

"What's wrong baby?"

"More problems, I just need a quiet day for once in my life"

"What happened?"

"I can't tell you, but it has to do with kas, she doesn't want anyone to know"

"Okay, I respect that, I'm sure everything will turn out just fine baby, now let's go back to Kas okay? She needs you"

"She needs Carla" I cry

"Taylor you're her mom, she needs you too, come on" he says taking my hand and leading me back inside the room

"Hey baby, how are you feeling?"

"I want Carla"

"Carla's almost here okay baby? I'm here for now okay?"

"No, I need Carla, you don't care about me"

"Baby I love you very much"

"No you don't listen to me" she whines

"Baby I'm sorry, i didn't mean to..."

"Where's Carla? i need her, she's my mom!"

"Baby, I'm your mom"

"No, Carla would never leave me to go with her boyfriend, she would never skip my birthday or Christmas and she would never leave me for two months with no contact and she would never neglect me to the point where my dad needs to take custody from her, I need a hug from Carla" she cries

"I'm sorry, baby, I know you didn't deserve any of that" I say holding back tears "please forgive me, I promise I won't disregard your feelings anymore"

"I'm going to sleep" she mumbles

And turns to the other side, she falls asleep immediately

"Taylor, remember she's loopy from the anesthesia"

"Which means she can't think about not hurting my feelings right now like she usually does, I know she means it"

"How about you schedule that therapy session okay?"

"Okay" I nod "I think I'm taking Kas on a mommy daughter trip right before school starts, she's grounded right now and she'll be in Paris with me, but it won't be the same, I'm taking her electronics for a few weeks, hopefully that'll get her to talk to me"

"I think that's a great idea babe" he says pecking my lips and I rest against his chest

"Hey, how is she?" Samuel and Carla ask walking in

"She just fell asleep a few minutes ago, but the surgery went great" I nod as I wipe the last few tears from my eyes "trav, would you please go get me a water please?"

"Of course baby" he says placing a kiss on my forehead before leaving

"I need to talk to you about a few things" I say looking at both of them "Joe might get out of jail in 24 hours, he got a new lawyer and they're demanding more proofs, which we don't have, tree is trying to buy us more time but I have a bad feeling about this"

"So what?, if we can't prove it, he gets out?"

"Yeah, no repercussions, he wouldn't even have to register as a sex offender since he wouldn't be proven guilty"

"I can't believe they're letting that fucking idiot free" Samu says letting a few tears from his face "does Kas know yet?"

"No, the few minutes she was up, she was a little loopy, i haven't told her, but i need to let you in on a few more things"

"What is it?"

"I caught her drinking at Coachella, I grounded her, I know she was supposed to stay with you over the summer, but i grounded her, she's coming with me and I took her electronics away, I wasn't going to punish her after she had surgery, but she needs to learn a lesson, I'm over it, and I'm taking her car too"

"Tay you can't do this to me, you can't take her again, I know it's your job but you practically had her all of last year, I would only see her a few weekends sometimes or I'd have to fly out to her, we had an agreement that she would spend all summer with me so that she could be a normal teenager for the summer, besides if you take her electronics, how would we communicate with her?"

"You guys can call me anytime you guys want and I'll pass her the phone"

"No Taylor, I need to spend time with her"

"Samu please, I need you to be in on this with me, I have to follow through with this punishment, it's not the first time she does this, I just need to punish her for a few weeks, and I can't leave her with you guys because she'll probably go out while you two are at work, I'll be able to check on her at all times, and when I'm on stage I have tree and my parents to make sure she doesn't run off somewhere, it'll just be a month, which means she'll be here a little over half that time, and then just that first week of tour in Paris"

"No, I'm setting my foot down!"

"Sam, you can't override tays punishment, she did it for a reason and besides we can take a few days off, and stay at our place in Paris, we can look out that Kas isn't going to go anywhere while tays performing, then we can bring her home right after that, it'll be okay babe" Carla says rubbing his arm

"Fine, but as soon as that punishment is over she is coming back home with me tay"

"Yes that's fine, I just need to prove to her that I'm able to keep my word towards punishments and I also think I need to tell you that I'm scheduling a therapy session for the both of us, to see if we can finally talk out our problems"

"I think thats great, and quite honestly I think that we should've done it long ago"

"I agree, today kind of proved it to me, I know she always tells me she's okay and that she's forgiven me for everything, but I know it still hurts her, she threw it in my face right now, she questioned everything I did to her, even from a few years ago"

"Tay we all know she always hides her feelings from you because she's afraid to hurt your feelings"

"I know and yet I've hurt hers countless of times, I fucked her up really bad"

Authorss note: any thoughts, ideas or suggestions are always appreciated you guys

I love you all and I love incorporating any requests to make it more enjoyable for you all but sometimes it takes me a while to be able to write them in since they don't fit in the story quite yet