s i x t y - t h r e e

"Are you sure it can wait?"

"Yeah don't worry about it, it's nothing"

"Okay", I nod "I'm going to go get your father okay?"

"Where's Sam and Frankie?"

"I sent them back to the hotel with the driver, it was really late, I'll have the driver bring them by later"

"Okay"  she says and I go call Carla and Samuel back in and Travis follows in behind them too

"Did your mom tell you what your punishment is?"Samu asks her crossing his arms

"Yeah" she sighs "can you please make her be reasonable? It's totally crazy dad, this is worse than your punishments"

"No, you deserve it, you've made your mother lose her mind enough times in the span of less than a year"

"But it's crazy, she's taking my electronics for six weeks, how the heck am I supposed to communicate with the outside world, I'm going to lose my mind having no one to interact to but you guys"

"What did I say about complaining Kassandra?!" I say

"You should've thought about that before drinking"

"But it was-"

"Do you want another week Kassandra?" I scold crossing my arms

"No" she says rolling her eyes

"Those little eye rolls of yours are done for too, if I catch you rolling your fucking eyes at me, I swear I won't hesitate to add an extra week to the punishment"

"Fine" she says crossing her eyes back at me and laying on her side where I'm so sure that she rolls her eyes at me anyway

"Tay can we talk?"

"Sure Samuel" I say walking out the door with him

"What the fuck do you mean six weeks, we had agreed  on four"

"I know but I need you to trust me on this, I'm tired, I don't know anyway else to fix that attitude of hers without threatening her anymore"

"Fine, but if this goes longer than June, I'm flying out to you and bringing my daughter home no matter what you say Taylor, I need to spend time with her, I feel like we've grown apart"

"How do you think I feel? There's days she hasn't even spoken a single word to me" I say holding back tears and Samuel notices and takes me into his arms "do you happen to know about anything troubling her?" I ask once I've calmed down

"No, why?"

"I don't know this is like the second time she asks to tell me something but then backs out of it"

"No, she hasn't mentioned anything to me, but I'll talk to Carla, maybe she knows something about it"

"Do you think? Carla's not one to keep secrets about our daughter from us"

"I don't know, but if Kas told her to hold on on telling us because she wanted to do it herself, I know Carla will at least tell me if it's good or bad news, I'll ask her right now"

"Okay, thank you for understanding, I know it wasn't your plan but I really need to do this"

"Don't worry, as much I wish she'd stay back with me the entire summer as we had planned, I get that you're trying to fix this mess she got herself into, have you heard back from tree?"

"No, I fear it might be bad news i feel like she would've already called if it weren't"

"Don't worry, I'll call my lawyers right now see what we can do, I mean it won't hurt to have multiple views right"

"I'm afraid tree already called mine too, but I have a bad gut feeling about this, and Kas doesn't want us to fight for him to get arrested if he gets out"

"Is she fucking crazy?"

"I kind of get her, I mean she told me that she doesn't care that he's out because she had to learn to live in the same household as him and that it'll be even easier if he's away in another continent but at the same time I just need him to rot in jail for what he did to my baby, I know most of the problems that Kas and I have right now are because of him and she left her so many insecurities and-"

"If they let him out, I swear he'll end up six feet underground, I'll move ocean and earth to make justice for my princess"

"Samuel don't say that, you don't know how much I'd give for him to die and go to hell, but if you kill that man, you'll go to jail and not only will you lose your daughter you'll lose Carla too, promise me you won't do anything stupid"

"I really can't promise that" Samuel says walking back into the room

I need to talk to Carla before Samuel does anything stupid, I know he's trying to protect Kas, but if he does it he won't get away with it like Joe did

🤍🤍🤍

The next morning after Kassie has been discharged, we go to the hotel to pack up our stuff, to leave.

My driver was driving Travis and I, while I allowed Kas to ride with her dad, Carla and her friends, since this is the last time she gets to see Sam and Frankie for a while, since she's getting grounded.

My phone starts to ring, I panic at the sight of trees name on my phone, I know exactly what she needs to talk about, she had called me a few times In the afternoon yesterday, but none of it was good news.

I take a deep breath before answering, as much as I know what news she'll give me, I'm still holding out hope that something changed overnight

"Taylor, he's out, he was released a few minutes ago"tree says in a soft voice

I'm unable to answer her back as i immediately start sobbing.

Why the hell do people like him get to walk the earth freely?

Tree can hear my sobs through the phone as she speaks again

"I know, I'm sorry Taylor, I did my best, I really did, but it was so short notice that they practically let him free just because they wanted to, I'll call you later so we can discuss what were going to do about this okay?"

"What's wrong baby?" Travis says taking my hand

"Just the same stupid shit as yesterday" I say

🤍🤍🤍

"Alright Kas, you know the drill, go collect your electronics for me" I say as soon as she gets home with Samuel and Carla

Travis and I got here sooner as they had to drop off kas's friends at their house

"Ughhhh" she says and goes upstairs

"I need to talk to you guys" I say and lead them both to the kitchen since Travis is in the living room "tree called on the way over, joes officially out, he was released this morning"

Authors note: IM SORRY YALL BUT I PROMISE THIS WILL ALL HELP TAYLOR AND KAS GET CLOSER