s i x t y - f i v e

"Kas, I do, I love you very much, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me, that's why I'm punishing you, because I'm worried about you, you used to not be like this and now you're always trying to be sneaky and do stuff you're not supposed to, we've lost our bond"

"I'm sorry mom, but that bonds been long gone for years now" she says holding back tears

"I know baby, which is why we're going to therapy together, we have an appointment tomorrow"

"With my therapist?" She asks a little concerned

"No, she wasn't available, and I needed an appointment as soon as possible, I called this morning, I need for us to get that relationship we used to have"

"Mom, last time I remember having a great relationship with you was 8 years ago, right before you started dating... yogurt boy" she says and I can't help but chuckle at the nickname, knowing she's the one who started calling him that on her fake account and it stuck "we used to be really close, but right after he came along we slowly started getting distant and then it kind of felt like we were strangers"

"I know baby, but you didn't act like this back then and-"

"Mom, I was younger i didn't really know how to express myself very much, and I remember when you and Joe started dating, you looked really happy which seemed like a weight off of your shoulders, I remember the months leading up to him, you were depressed and I was scared to say anything that might've caused you and him to break up because I was scared you'd go back to where you were before and I would spend a few weeks without seeing you again, but leading up to the breakup it felt like you and I were clicking again, even when you were having that fling, which I knew wouldn't ever turn into anything else, we seemed to be getting along great, but then I found out you were dating Travis and something- I don't know I guess all those bottled up feelings finally exploded, because I didn't want to lose you again and-" she says crying

"Pumpkin, you're never going to lose me"

"I already did" she says choking up

"Baby, no you haven't I'm always going to be here for you, you're the one thing I could never live without" I say and she gives me a very clearly fake smile, i totally understand why she would think I'm lying right now, I've hurt her feelings enough

________________________

Kas pov

I woke up earlier than mom due to some discomfort in my jaw, it hurt pretty bad that I wanted to just take the medicine right away but I know how much mom would freak out if she found out I had done that so instead I went downstairs and blended up some food and drank it as fast as I could without making myself feel sick.

Drinking these smoothies is torture, everything becomes absolutely disgusting, and not to mention I had just gone back up to my weight that I was before the accident recently, and now I am  going to lose it again all, this is hell.

If I should've listened to my parents when they told me the surgery was more efficient the night of the accident I probably wouldn't be here again but i was really scared that night.

If I could turn back time I would've done it even if I was scared, i ended up having to get it anyway since my jaw didn't heal correctly.

I went upstairs and carefully grabbed my book and my medicine from the nightstand, trying not to wake up my mom.

It only took me about thirty minutes to finish the book I had started yesterday, since there was nothing else I could do, so I went and grabbed one of the books my mom had gotten me for Easter since I hadn't had time to get to them the previous weeks since I was busy finishing school and obsessing over Diego.