t h i r t y - n i n e

"Carla please, I was just trying to defend Kas"

"It's not the way! You could've ended up in jail" Carla says going up the stairs and Samuel sighs

"Can we talk?" He says to me

"Yeah, we need to" I say and we go to the couch

"I'm sorry for taking her like that, but you can't do this to me Taylor, she's my daughter too! And I deserve to know what goes on in her life!"

"I know, and I'm sorry, I just, I don't know- look I know what it feels like to be in that situation and I lashed out at her when I found out, I grounded her, I thought it was enough, but you're right, I should've told you"

"If I find out that you're keeping stuff from me, I swear I'll take her again Taylor!"

"Samuel, I'm sorry"

____________________________________
Kassies pov

As im laying in bed watching modern family on my computer, there's a knock at my door

"Hi baby" Carla smiles walking in

"Carla!" I say jumping out of bed and hugging her "I've missed you!"

"I've missed you too baby!" She says and we sit on my bed

"Are you finally coming home?"

"I don't know yet honey" she says playing with my hair

"Why are you two mad anyways?"

"That's not for you to know, we're not putting you in the middle of our relationship"

"It's because of me isn't it?"

"No baby, it's not because of you"

"Then why don't you come back home? I miss you, I don't want you guys to divorce"

"We're not divorcing" she chuckles "we're working this out eventually, don't worry"

"But you guys have never fought before"

"Honey we have our ups and downs just like every other relationship, we've fought before"

"No, not like this you haven't, you guys have never left the house before"

"I know, but we're going to work this out okay? Stop worrying about us"

"But-"

"Enough about us, how about you? How have you been feeling?"

"Better" I nod

"Your dad said you were asking about us"

"Yeah cause I missed you"

"I missed you too" she says hugging me tighter "no matter what happens with your dad, you'll always be my baby"

"No, don't say that! You said you would work it out"

"We will!"

"You better, I don't want to lose you, ever"

"You won't"

"So are you coming home?"

"Soon"