s i x t y - s e v e n

Kas pov

"Good morning Kas"

"Hi travis, where's mom?"

"She was taking a shower, she'll be right down, did you already eat breakfast?"

"Yeah" I say and go back to my book

"Don't your eyes get tired, that's all you've been doing"

"Well, there's really not much to do here, I'm grounded"

"Really?! You're saying you have a pool, a trampoline, art supplies, instruments a huge backyard and you're bored?"

"Yeah, please talk to your girlfriend! Tell her to lift my punishment"

"Yeah I can't do that, but I'm going golfing right now, wanna come?"

"Ew no that's for old people"

"It's fun! You like top golf don't you?"

"Well yeah, but even if I wanted to go, I'm grounded, I doubt Taylor will let me out of the house"

"Taylor?" He chuckles

"Don't question it, I'm mad at her"

"Okay" he laughs "do you want to come? I can talk to her"

"You know what? Yeah, I have nothing better to do anyway"

"Perfect, I'll talk to her for you okay? I'll try to convince her, but I can't promise you anything"

"Thanks, while you're at it, can you please convince her to let me go to Sam's party"

"Yeah I don't think she'll say yes to that"

"Ughhh, it's just that she's being so unfair, I know I messed up. I know I shouldn't have alcohol on me, but it's not like I blacked out and ruined her career, i didn't even get tipsy, seven weeks is insane even for dad, and he's the strict one"

"Don't let her hear you complain or she'll turn it into eight" he laughs

"Ughhh don't even remind me, she's too much right now, can you please ask her if I can go to Sam's party? Maybe she'll listen to you"

"Yeah I don't think she's going to let you go to the party after she caught you drinking"

"But there's not even going to be alcohol, Sam's parents and family are going to be there, I'll even take a chaperone and not complain, it's a special day for my best friend and I don't want to miss it" I say and hold up my finger "and don't tell me the 'you should've thought about that before drinking' bullshit I know my parents are going to say, because trust me, I know, but mom's completely lost her head"

"Your moms just protecting you Kas"

"No, she's completely unreasonable, she can't really think this is a reasonable punishment, she should try seven weeks no contact with her friends and go without electronics and-"

"Well the difference is that your moms old enough to drink, she's an adult, and a parent"

"But she literally can't deny that every teenager does it, she definitely can't, she got drunk and had me, I am literally a product of her getting so intoxicated that she-"

"Your mom confessed that to you?" He asks shocked

"No, uncle Austin did once when he and mom argued, he did to piss off mom"

"Makes sense" he chuckles

"The thing is that she should have no face to tell me I shouldn't drink when she did it too, and there's a difference, she got pregnant"