f i f t y - t w o

After last night with Diego i couldn't think about anything else so I just stayed up freaking out over it with Sam and Frankie

Around 8 am I dropped Sam off at her house and drove to my dads

"Hi Carla!" I say hugging her as I find her in the kitchen making breakfast

"Hi sweetie! I didn't expect you to come, are you feeling better?"

"Yeah, much better, and my mom's going through something so I thought I would give her some space"

"Is she okay?"

"She lost the baby"

"Oh I'm so sorry for her" she pouts

"Yeah she hasn't been feeling great"

Your mom said you were excited about it, you weren't were you? I know you well enough to know you'd mask up your feelings for her"

"I really wasn't at first but then when I spent Easter with Travis' family one of his nieces seemed to really look up to me and it was kind of fun, I was starting to think it'd be fun"

"Oh I'm sorry baby"

"It's okay" I smile "it really doesn't affect me, I think the baby would've probably affected me way more"

"What do you want for breakfast?"

"Oh it's okay I already ate with s- mom and Travis but I'll sit with you" I smile

"Where's dad? Is he at work" I ask her as we sit down on the table

"No, he's not working today but he did have to run to his office really quick to grab something, he should be back soon"

"Perfect because I have to ask you something"

"What is it?is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine, I just I've been thinking and I- I don't know I think I want to go to in person school next year"

"Oh honey I can't-"

"I know, but what do you think mom and dad will say? I'm scared to tell them, especially mom"

"Well i personally think it would be great, someone your age needs to interact with kids your age more I think it would be good for you, and I don't think your dad would mind much, he and your mom fought over it a few years ago because your dad thought it was important for you, but I don't think your mom will be a big fan of the idea, she's scared from the nose incident and I get where she comes from, your Taylor swifts daughter, there are people out there who have it out for you just because of that, she's just trying to protect you"

"I know but all my friends go to regular schools and it seems like I'm missing out on my high school experience"

"I know exactly how you feel, as someone who also missed out on her high school experience, that's how I felt too, but honestly as soon as you go to college all that stops to matter although I think it'd be nice if you had that"

"Well at least you went to in person school and got to hang out with kids your age every day, you missed out on sports and other things like that cause you were out there being smart and going to early college, which actually sound fun"

"You want to take college classes?"

"I think so, I'm almost finished with this semester so as soon as it's over I think I want to take some classes in the summer to get extra credits and then in September when school starts I would be ahead and be able to take college credits, I know Sam's school offers it and I want to graduate by next May instead of in the next two years "