Chapter 8

It's the next morning at the AMP house and of course i'm in bed with the love of my life. Duke was sleeping beside me whilst I was awake. I wore my black robe with his slippers and walked out quietly so i could go downstairs and see what's going on. There was a lot of noise downstairs when I woke up so since i'm curious. I walked down the stairs as I see Ammi, Callie and Skye and Adreel two other friends we met since high school.

"Y'all love making so much- SKYE, ADREEL. OH MY GOSH."

I rushed towards the two and gave them a hug of their own.

"I haven't seen you guys since high school you guys look gorgeous."

Skye: Omg it's so nice to see you.
Callie: Well Dest, I wanted to tell you about their arrival but i wanted to keep it a surprise but anyways they're here now.

Ammi: It's nice to see them though right ?
"Yeah it is nice. Guys, we have a AMP shoot you wanna come?"
Adreel: Sure.
Skye: I don't mind to be honest. But we also came to help you guys make breakfast because I bet you I could use a breakfast meal.
Adreel: Okay same here.
"Alright thank you girlies, lemme get changed since all of you guys got ready before me."
Skye: Yeah you go get ready we'll leave you with the omlettes because you're the best at those.
You right you right I laughed and made my way upstairs.

Ammi catches up with me and she said.
Ammi: Wait, girl I have something to tell you.
"What's up girl."
Ammi: Josh is coming over for the shoot.
"Duke didn't tell me anything about him pulling up."

Ammi: Well, Fanum told me to tell you because I know Duke is pissed off of the fact that he's coming.
"Well, on my behalf i'm not mad i'm fine because we're friends but he just needs to control himself. Because the jazz event said enough."

Ammi: We gone look out for you don't worry he's friends with all of us but just because he's your ex doesn't mean he's gotta get into your pants again and he said he wanted to be friends with you not friends with benefits...he needs to behave.

"Yeah he better be on his best behaviour and act like a friend because i'm tired of having arguments with Duke."
Ammi: So true, okay imma leave you to it.
Alright my heart.
I go upstairs to Duke's room. And he's sitting on the bed on his phone and he looks at me with his face down but eyes up.
"Well, morning to you too babe."

I walk towards the bed and he looks angry I don't know what I did but he's got to stop this now.
I lean in for a kiss and he doesn't reciprocate the kiss. That is a sign he's mad at me.

"Duke, what did I do now? this is getting too much."
I stood up from the bed and he grabs my wrist and looks at me with an intense look.
Duke: Sit down.

(Thoughts: Oh i'm sat alright.)
Duke: I heard the conversation you and Ammi had on the stairs.

"Babe, are you serious?"

Duke: I'm serious I don't trust him. He's been all upon you and ever since i've got with you, he's just been so weird and tryna get back with you and i'm not liking it.

"Okay, Duke, you know that i'm not falling for his manipulation. You seen me at the jazz club we talking like grown ass people. He knows what he's doing. He thinks i'm easy to manipulate but i'm not. He knows that it's not cool he knows that. Stop it Duke, if you know i'm not gonna fall for it why be mad at me everytime I talk to him. He's a friend."

Duke: I trust you but I just don't trust him.
"Trust me, the girls got me and i've got myself I know myself i'll be good. And I'm with you so stop tripping."
Duke: Hm, I trust you i'll be watching you and him. I love you and I don't wanna loose you.
"You won't loose me, it's not like I let you off with your ex."
Duke: Don't go there.
"Oh, i'm not i'm just saying."
Duke: Hm okay.
"Right"