Chapter 34

We are now in Atlanta. Reality has now hit us. The boys went off to their shoot. And I am downstairs with Callie and Ammi and the baby Ava laying on her rocking chair beside Ammi. Concrète went back to their mansion when we landed we said our goodbyes and now we're back to reality.

I start work soon and i'm not excited. I love them kids but I can't. Me Callie and Ammi were downstairs and we started talking about the breakdown of our trip.

Callie: How did y'all feel about our trip?

Ammi then gets Ava out of her chair so she could feed her bottle because she was hungry.

Ammi: Well besides my postpartum depression and my pregnancy, it was so good but can we please talk about Josh and Karrahboo for a min.

"I don't know how to feel about that"

Callie: What do you mean? Girl you set them up.

"I know but she didn't even tell us they were together. She then called me at the hotel lobby at 1am to tell me that they had sex like okay? What am I supposed to do with that information?"

Ammi: Girl support her. She's in her first relationship. Don't do that to her.

"I'm not doing anything"

Callie: Mhm.

"What?! Y'all girls trippin"

I then stand up to go and check on Mateo and how he's doing.

Ammi: Where are you going?

"To check on your stepson, i'll be back"

Ammi: You better.

I then go up the stairs and go to Mateo's room and I open the door slightly to see if he's still asleep and he still was. He had a long tiring trip back from his mom's house so it's understandable if he wanna nap all day.

I then close the door slightly. I then look behind me and Duke is standing there. He scared the shit outta me. I then hold my chest and close my eyes.

"Nigga what the fuck?"

Duke: Did I scare you?

"Nah you didn't"

Duke: Why you holding your heart then?

"It's called sarcasm slow ass. Why you ain't going to the shoot"

We then walk side by side down the stairs.

Duke: I was too tired and unbothered for that shit we can do it when I've gotten my sleep.

"Nigga you said that you had no choice"

Duke: I then told Davis after that I'm not going because I don't want to and I'm tired and he said that's okay.

"That's valid"

We then go to the living room where Ammi and Callie were downstairs talking. They looked at us as we come in and their faces looked so confused

Ammi: I thought Duke had to be in the shoot today?

"He told Davis that he was tired"

Ammi: Oh okay.

Callie: So, when you starting work Dest?

"On Monday. So four days."

Duke: She not happy to start.

Ammi: Girl you'll be fine.

"I know I will but I just can't be asked for this bull and plus you on maternity leave so you get to chill with your baby."

Ammi: True say but you'll be great without me.