Chapter 16

Destinee's POV:

It's court day. Me and Duke woke up at the same time surprisingly and brushed our teeth together, showered and ironed our clothes before popping into Ammi and Fanum's room to see how they're getting on.

Duke: It's court day.

"Right, how you feeling?"

Duke: Stressed as fuck.

"Same, let's hope that Fanum gets his son because he deserves to form a relationship with him. Because Adreel making him not see his son is selfish and that was just not right. I get what he said was fucked up but still...like come on"

Duke: Right.

"Let's go check up on them"

Duke: Yeah.

So me and Duke walked side by side to Fanum's room which was opposite us. We knocked at the door first because politeness is key.

Fanum: Come in.

We both walk in with me leading at front.

"Hey"

Fanum: Oh my gosh Destinee, how are you?

He gives me a hug and I told him I was stressed for him and he told me it was okay we've just got to hope for the best. Then he sees Duke behind me and daps him up.

I see Ammi and give her a hug and we sit on Fanum's bed and we're opposite the couple. They're holding hands tightly and me and Duke are smiling at each other ear to ear because of how happy we are for them.

Fanum: What's up my brother?

Duke: How you doing?

Fanum: Man.. I don't know how to describe this feeling. I just finished praying with my woman and we're just hoping for the best for me and for my son. Let's just hope and pray Mateo comes to us. He deserves a father figure in his life.

Duke: Right.

"Are you going to let him see his mother if you have the custody?"

Fanum: Of course, I don't have an evil heart like her. She's going to be having him but not for long I am not having my son surrounded by her all the time.

Duke: Even if she's been with him all his life?

Fanum: Absolutely. But at the same time, I want to do what's best for my son, but he can decide too he has a voice too guys you know.

"Right. Ammi, how you feeling?"

Ammi: Overwhelmed. Especially when I'm having this baby and it's difficult for my ass because now hopefully i'm going to have two kids so this means it's going to be a lot for me. But i'm hoping Fanum gets what he wishes. It's his son and his family and he gets to decide what's the future going to hold. With my help too of course.

"Exactly that's the mentality I wanted you to have"

Fanum: And this is also a lesson for Davis too, don't bring old friends to the house, shit gets tight especially when you had history with them.

"Exactly"

Duke: Well, we wish the best for you guys, we're gonna go and wear our outfits now.

"And I can't wait to watch y'all slay for real"

Duke and I start to get up out of their room.

"Trust me, when you get the opportunity to take Mateo, we gon treat him like he's ours"

Fanum: Thank you. I appreciate y'all for real.

Ammi: Thank you guys.

"Alright"

We head out and go back into our room.

Duke: We can get this over and done with and we can have this trip and just enjoy ourselves because that's well deserved.

"Ain't this a bitch?"

Duke: What?

"Adreel texting my phone saying, you guys will never win this case"

I blocked her of course, why is she texting my phone when we ain't friends. Anyways, me and Duke got ready. I wore a black suit with flare bottoms and some Loubouton heels. Red underneath. My hair was in a bun. I wore my black glasses and Duke wore a blue suit and some blue shoes. And his retweets out looking beautiful. And we then walked hand in hand going downstairs.

"How you feeling?"

Duke: I'm alright, just stressed for Fanum but we hope for the best right?

He kissed my temple and we then go to the living room and sit on the couch. We then was waiting for the rest of the squad to head downstairs.

"We'll be good, I have confidence in us, we'll win this case no matter the circumstances"

Duke: Right , and Fanum's ex was mean for not letting Fanum see his own son. He could've taught him so much things in this life that his mother wouldn't have known because she's a woman. No offense to your gender.

"I get where you're coming from"

Duke: Right, but Fanum will be kind enough to let him see his mother because the co parenting still has to be there.

"Right"

As me and Duke were just talking about hoping and wishing that Fanum wins the custody case. Ammi and Fanum come downstairs in their professional wear and comes to sit with us.

Fanum: *sighs*

Ammi caresses his back making sure that he doesn't stress before we go to court. Davis and his girlfriend come downstairs followed by Kai and Skye and Chris and Rosemary all coming. And lastly, Agent and Callie coming downstairs all in their professional wear. We were all wearing professional wear with a lightning bolt badge on our blazers which makes AMP stand out.

Davis: Are we ready?

Ammi: Hold on, I've gotta go to the bathroom.

Ammi then goes to the bathroom nearest to the kitchen and we hear her puking. It's probably stress or it's the pregnancy but I was worried for her. She came back into the living room and wiped her mouth and sat next to Fanum with her head laying on her shoulder.

Fanum: You okay baby?

Ammi: Yeah you know the baby be acting up. I've got an appointment with the doctor next week so they'll be checking what's going on and seeing how the baby's doing.

Fanum: I'll come with you.

Ammi: You have too it's your baby too.

Fanum then chuckles.

"Alright let's go and get this child"

Fanum: You right.

So we all go and step out the door, Kai and Skye were the last ones to come out so Kai shuts the door and we then head to the mini bus waiting for us to go to the court. We all head in.

Davis: Are we ready?

"Yeah, let's get going"

Davis: Wait, before we do let's pray for Fanum.

"Good idea"

Davis: Let's all bow our heads.

We all listen to Davis and bow our heads and hold hands with one another and close our eyes.

Davis: Heavenly Father, we leave this blessed day in your hands Lord God, we pray that Fanum wins this case Lord God, that his heart changes as soon as Mateo steps into this house Lord God, protect and change the mother's heart from hatred to love and understanding. Lord we love you in Jesus' Name we pray. Amen.

Everybody at the same time: Amen.

We started to head off to the court room.