Chapter 42

Me and Duke woke up with our arms around each other. It felt so right just to be back in his arms again. I loved it. Well, we needed to do some things today. But the one wish is for my friends to meet my mother because they've always wanted to meet her. Ever since I was in college, she would be on tour so she wouldn't have time to see me. But now she's come to Atlanta, she has the time to familiarise what I do with my life.

I then woke up and looked beside me and saw Duke by my side and I smiled at him. I had to go and do some wedding shopping with my mom as the wedding is soon. My girls are coming to see my mother and hang out with me for a bit before Duke goes out and wedding shops with the boys and then goes to hoop with the guys. I let him go this time because I be tripping and not letting him go out and wanting to make him stay with me you know.

"Morning baby"

Duke: Morning bae, you good?

"Mhm, how'd you sleep?"

Duke: Dreamt about your sexy ass.

"What was I doing lemme guess"

Duke: Don't be jumping into conclusions.

"You be dreaming about me doing some inappropriate things whatchu sayin"

Duke: I ain't gon say what I dreamt about because you gon always assume

"Alright, what a great way to start the morning"

I then began to get up and Duke has his hand on my wrist. And he looked at me with his eyes a bit shut.

Duke: Where the fuck you going?

"I'm going to get ready since you wanna give some attitude and always dream about me doing some weird shit"

Duke: Bit-

"You said what now?"

Duke: I didn't say anything

"You better not before I beat your ass right now"

Duke: Come here.

He then brings my wrists towards him and I was on his chest and he chuckled.

"Nigga, why do you do this?"

Duke: Because I luh ya what do you expect me to do.

"Expect me to get ready for this wedding shopping because the thing is we get married in a few weeks and we've got to be ready"

Knocks on the door were made. Me and Duke looked at each other. And then I went up to go open the door. It was Gio, Karrah and Ammi. These three are so fucking scary sometimes.

"Now what did I tell you about texting me saying to come over?"

Ammi: Shut the fuck up, this our home too bitch.

"Bitch watch your mouth"

My mother came out of the room with her brown robe and saw what was going on. I then turn around and shake my head and then my friends stood up from the couch.

"Guys this my mum Victoria"

Gio: Hey ma, STOP you're gorgeous

Victoria: Thank you so much. Destinee? You ain't ready yet?

"Momma, me and Duke literally just woke up like not that long ago"

Victoria: I'm already done, and you still in a robe. Be so for real. Go and shower.

"Alright alright"

Victoria: Imma get to know your friends whilst you go and get ready.

"Okay, I guess"