Chapter 29

Ammi and Fanum went back to their hotel room to spend time with Ava. Adreel then dropped Mateo off to see his little sister. He was in love with her. He loved her so much.

Me and Duke were in our hotel room just chilling on the bed. His head was on my stomach as I was laying on my back on the bed. To be honest we were so bored and we didn't have any plans to do since our friend just gave birth, before we do anything, she needs time to heal because of how she went into labour so fast.

"Baby, you wanna do something together?"

Duke: What you got in mind?

"Not something too big, look i know we with the group and everything but we can also explore together too. We're engaged"

Duke: You have a point but where we gonna go?

"To the beach, talk about things, we can go out to eat somewhere. What you got in mind?"

Duke: A beach date would be nice just us. The sunset. Your speakers and some snacks and we're good to go.

"There is a shop downstairs we can go to, they sell some snacks"

Duke: Cool, let's change.

I still had my clothes from two days ago because I just couldn't be asked to change and it was just too stressful these past few days making sure that Ammi was okay. This was the same day, Ammi came back home.

I went into the shower with Duke and we helped each other shower. We surprisingly finished at the same time. And it was time for us to get ready. I was going to wear a white bikini with a white coverup dress which was see through.

Duke wore a white tank top with some white shorts and some Balenciaga slides but this time they were white. He had a white bucket hat on. He felt so cool and he looked it too. We took a couple flicks and then left our hotel room with a beach blanket so we could sit down ans not mess up our fits.

We then walked hand in hand to the elevator and Duke then presses the buttons.

Duke: What's on your mind?

"Nothing right now, all that's on my mind is how is this wedding going to be? What's the budget? You know all these type of questions."

Duke: You've got to relax we haven't even hit the grounds of Atlanta yet. You'll be great.

"We'll see how it is"

Duke: Exactly but now let's focus on right now.

The elevator doors then open and we walk out and head to the beach where the sun was setting but it felt so good because the breeze was cool so there was no reason for me to fetch a cardigan or anything.

Me and Duke then ate our snacks and just talked about things that we needed to discuss.

Duke: I've gotta see my mom.

"How is Mama Dennis, I haven't had the time to pop in and say hi"

Duke: She be missing you.

"Babe, what I've just realised is that we haven't called family about the big news for them."

Duke: The weather looks beautiful right now we should call them now before we look dark as fuck.

I then giggled and hit him slightly in the shoulder.

"Alright, you call your mom"

Duke then grabs his phone and has calls his mother to let him know that he proposed to me. He was so happy when his mom started to scream and give joyful praises to the Lord. She then started to hype me up and that made me so happy inside because of how much Duke's mother roots for our relationship. It makes me so warm inside.