Chapter 4

It is the next day from the jazz club night. That night was fun. I had a really good time and it was great having my boyfriend by my side just enjoying my favourite music genre. But there was something suspicious that night.

Flashback

Yesterday night, I went to the jazz club bar to get a few more bottles of champagne because Fanum wanted some more (no wonder he got home drunk). Anyways, then Josh (Yourrage) comes and stands beside me looking at the bar. And I look at him and he looks at me.

Josh: Destinee

"Josh, what's up how you doing?"

He comes close to me and gives me a hug. The hug was heart warming but weird at the same time because he is my ex and I shouldn't be having close contact to me as I've got a boyfriend.

Josh: You look so beautiful tonight.

"Why, thank you so much you look wonderful."

Duke looked at me from the table and his face didn't look too happy so he stood up from the table and went to go and take what was his. He came and held my waist when walking into the bar.

Duke: Babe, I was looking for you all over the place.
"Baby, I'm waiting for the waiter to give me some champagne."

Josh: What's goin on Duke?

He reaches for my hand when his arm is behind my waist and forces me to intertwine with his hands to make Josh aware that i'm dating somebody. He looks at him and the waiter then gives me the champagne glasses. Duke then whispers for me to hear and say.

Duke: Let's go.

He side eyes Josh and Josh looks confused and i looked behind me to see how he was reacting and Duke caught me and said.

Duke: Why you looking at him?

"I wasn't I was checking to see if I forgot anything."

Duke: Yeah right.

We then arrived at our table and we sat at our seats. I then placed the champagne glasses at the ice bucket to make it much colder. Fanum who is already tipsy grabs the champagne from the bucket and looks at me with such confusion.

Fanum: D, what took you so long to get that champagne bottle?
"I'm sorry the waiter was taking so long cause he was looking for the rich kind."

Fanum shakes his head and pours his champagne in his glass and drinks it in one sip.
Ammi: Baby, slow down on the drinks please.
Fanum: I'll be fine my heart, you don't have to worry about me.
Ammi looked at me and shakes her head. I then shrug my shoulders and then Duke is there looking at me with a bit of anger. He didn't talk the whole night and we went to sleep without talking.

Flashback ended

I'm waking up in Dukes room with the white lights on and me in his bed and him sleeping next to me. I then kiss his cheek and wear his oversized hoodie and wore my slippers and went downstairs to see what's going on. I walk downstairs and I see Ammi and Callie in the kitchen. They were whipping up something for the house to eat for breakfast. The boys were still asleep.

Ammi: Look who it is!
Callie: Ahhh
I smiled and walked in the kitchen and hugged the both of them.
"How are you guys?"
Ammi: I'm tired but okay though
Callie: I feel good! How are you?
"Girls I feel so confused right now."

Callie: Why are you confused babe? is everything okay?
"Guys, yesterday at the jazz event, my ex Josh from college was there."

Ammi: No ways oh my gosh i didn't know he did content.
"To be honest babe who would've thought...but anyways when Fanum told me to go get some champagne at the bar, he joins me and compliments how i looked and Duke comes in and starts acting all jealous."
Callie: Girl he's just protecting his precious soul, he doesn't want to loose you.