Chapter 68

We then walk out to get to the Jeep to make our way to the restaurant that Duke wanted us to go to.

Duke: You look so beautiful tonight.

"You look way better than me whatchu talking bout?"

We both then chuckle and get into the Jeep and then put our seatbelts on and prepare ourselves to have fun. Duke then looks at me with his hand on my thigh.

Duke: You ready to go?

"Yeah let's go, so we can take these pictures and get out of this tight shit"

Duke: Agreed.

Duke then starts to drive and we get to this restaurant, the interior was gold and we were the only ones in the restaurant which was so cool because I didn't know that Duke made a private reservation. This is so amazing to me to be honest.

Duke: Welcome to our Golden Kingdom.

"Duke, this is honestly insane to me, what the heck?! This is way better than my surprise"

Duke: I wanted to go all out for my woman. Whatchu expect me to do? The bare minimum?

"No no no, I love this"

Duke: Well then, let's do it.

Duke then walks me to the table and pulls back my chair for me as I sit down and he tucks in my chair for me. I then smile as I watch him walk to his seat and sit down. He then offers his hand for me to hold and I willingly take it and just stare at his face as it just gleams in the room.

"See? I feel like I've been waiting for this moment for a long time. Duke, I feel like this is just the best thing you've ever done for me"

Duke: I wanna do something to appreciate you.

"I appreciate and love you so much and I'm so glad you put this all together in less than 24 hours which is insane to me."

Duke: How could I forget it? This is the day that my life completely flipped over and that's how I knew that you have been my forever best friend.

"And we'll never leave each other's side right ?"

Duke: Right.

The waiters then bring us some champagne and some steak and some greens for our dinner. Duke went all out which was so cute to see him do. It made me feel so happy the way he just is so dedicated to the things he loves. And one of them is me.

We then continue to converse and then we then got some chocolate cake for our desert. Both of us  fed each other and just laughed the night away. My surprise was tomorrow night so our anniversary wasn't done yet. We then took some pictures for the gram. And then as soon as I sat down, I see Duke kneeled on the floor which a ring box open. I couldn't believe what he was about to do.

Is this nigga for real right now?

"Duke, what are you doing?"

Duke: Destinee, you have been my bestfriend for 5 years and still counting. We've been through ups and downs but we still manage to push ourselves through those obstacles.

"Oh God you're gonna make me cry"

Tears started to roll down my face and I just couldn't believe what he's about to do.

Duke: I love you Destinee, and I want you to be my wife and start over.

"Yes, yes, Yes, oh my God, I love you."

He then puts the ring in my hand and he then stands up and I stand up to give him a hug and a kiss. Fireworks started to go off and we both ran outside to go and see it. I was amazed by the view that I witnessed. I then look at him as he looks at the sky.