Chapter 69

I then wake up to Duke not next to me. Is this guy really mad at me for real? That's mad childish. But he said he wasn't mad? Lemme not even overthink it. I then look at the clock and it's 4am. Duke loves to stay up. Everybody else was asleep, but this jugs choosing to be a night owl.
And he knows we have our date night tonight and he can't be dozing off because I ain't gon have it. Imma be so mad. I then check the time seeing that it's 4am.

I then put my robe on and go downstairs and go downstairs and see Duke sitting in the living room sipping some juice and just looking around. He left his phone upstairs so I don't understand what is going on.

Duke: Bae, whatchu doing down here?

"You left me, in bed, by myself. So I came to look for you seeing that you downstairs"

I then go and sit next to him and have my legs crossed on the couch and my hand on my face as I'm looking at him. He looks back at me.

"I know there's something on your mind, tell me what's wrong?"

I then caress his chest and look at him and he looks at the floor and looks back at me and says this.

Duke: I just be missin Dee y'know what I'm saying like that nigga was my best friend.

"Guess what? He's so proud of you. He probably got so angry at you when you broke up with me and his spirit told you that you should come back to a woman that deserves you just as much as anything else in the world"

Duke: You right on that one.

"See? Boy he loves you and he forever will. Don't think of him as a sad memory it's not worthy, you better only think of the good memories you had with him. Don't think of the bad think of the good. It's worth it"

Duke: Thank you baby.

Duke then kisses my forehead and I then lay on his shoulder.

Duke: You got anything else on yo mind?

"Nah. Knowing that I'm marrying you and spending the rest of my life with you is the fact that I know I'm good"

Duke then chuckles and drinks his drink.

"Wanna go back to bed?"

Duke: I'm not tired no more.

"Oh my God, you better not be dozing off or being tired when it's my surprise because imma be pissed"

Duke: Babe, I know you and trust me that won't happen.

"Okay, fine"

Duke: Type shit.

I then give him a look at him and rolled my eyes and stood up and made my way to the stairs and I see Ammi and Fanum coming downstairs with baby Ava with them.

"What are y'all doing up at 5am in the morning?"

Ammi: To be exact, it is 4:55 and also Ava needs her milk and that's why we both wanted to come downstairs and do it together because we love each other that much.

"Y'all are so unreal, well, it looks like I'm going back to bed"

Duke: Oh no you not, you ain't gon leave me with these crackheads ain't you?

"Watch your mouth they our friends you talkin bout and no imma come back before you drag me down"

Duke: You damn right I will.

I then roll my eyes and let the couple and the baby come downstairs and fake their way to the kitchen whilst they are warming up Ava's milk bottle.

Ammi: What are y'all doing today?