Chapter Ten

Danielle's P.O.V.
When Ryan drops us off, Luke and I are walking back to the buses, holding hands, when I turn to him and say "Do I need to dress fancy for this date?" he says "Nope, casual" I say "okay." I get up on my tippy toes and give him a quick peck on the lips, and disappear off into mine and Kerrie's bus. I hop into the shower, and once I'm out of there, I plug the curling wand in, and slip on my robe. Once I get into my room, I plug my phone in to charge, then I got over to my suitcase, and start looking for something to wear. I decide on a pair of black shorts and a spaghetti strap royal blue flowy tank top, with black flip flops with silver rinestones on them. Once I'm dressed, I put on some perfume, and put on a silver necklace, and my blue sapphire bracelet. After that I go do my makeup, which is only some mascara, and a little bit of cover up. Next comes my hair, which takes like an hour. Once I finish curling the last strand, I put some hairspray in my hair, then I check the time. It's 4:00 and Luke is coming to get me at 4:30, so I go into my room, and call my best friend Savannah, and tell her about everything that has gone on during tour so far, were in the middle of our conversation, when I hear knock on the bus door, I check the time on my phone, and tell Savannah that it's time for my date with Luke. I grab my purse, and open the door, to see Luke standing there with Khaki shorts on, royal blue polo on, and his hat on backwards. I laugh at that, and say to him, "our shirts are almost matching." he smirks and leans down, giving me a kiss, and when he pulls away he says "you look beautiful". He grabs my hand, and leads me over to his truck. He opens my door for me like always, and once he gets in, he reaches over turns the radio on, and grabs my hand. We make small talk on the way there, and once we reach this cute little restaurant by the ocean, he comes around, and opens my door, grabs my hand, and leads me inside. We get a window seat, we order our drinks, and our food. Once we're done, we take a walk on the beach just like our first date. He turns to me and says "well it looks like we always end up walking on the beach after we go on a date" I smirk and say "I guess so" We walk hand in hand, in silence, a comfortable one. We finally return to the car, and drive to the arena, hand in hand singing along to every song that comes on.
Luke's P.O.V.
Our date went well again, there's never any awkward silences, or any of that kind of stuff. Now I'm on my bus getting ready to go onstage, and Danielle is inside of the arena, making sure that things are running smoothly, and I'm pretty sure that she's going to find Gabby, Kandice, and Ryan. So that way they can watch the show from backstage. I get changed, exit the bus, and walk with Carter to the arena. I'm nervous about tonight's show, and he knows it, so he's trying to calm be down. Once we get into the arena, Carter and I go find Danielle and her friends, I walk up to her giving her a kiss, and grabbing her hand that isn't holding a coffee.  It's like she's never without some. I see Gabby, Ryan and Kandice all over by the side of the stage, watching my opening act. I tell Danielle that I'm going to go introduce Carter to them. I let go of her hand, and walk over to them, with Carter trailing behind me. I say "Hey guys, this is carter, he's my guitarist" They all say "hi, nice to meet you." and one at a time I introduce Carter. "Carter, this is Kandice," they shake hands, Next up is Ryan "Carter, this is Danielle's older brother Ryan" They shake hands.  Next is Gabby "Carter this is Gabby" he shakes her hand and says "nice to meet y'all" he stays over there and talks to them, while I go back over to where Danielle is standing . Once I get over there, she says to me, "grab your guitar handsome, 1 minute until show time" I smirk, and go grab a guitar. First to go on stage is my band, then the lights go out, and the crowd goes wild, and I run out on stage, and all of the lights come on, as I start out with Drunk On You. Tonight I feel like I have a lot of energy, and we play for a long time, as I'm finishing out Country Girl, I start going into a speech, and I look over to the right side of the stage to see Danielle with curiosity written all over her face. I say "this next song is for a very beautiful and special lady in my life, who happens to be standing backstage to my right, so how about you come on out here" I walk over to the side, and she shakes her head no, and I say to her "you can't disappoint the crowd by not coming out on stage" She finally sighs and gives in.Carter is standing there with a smile on his face, because he knows what I'm doing."Okay, y'all this is Danielle, isn't she pretty?" the crowd starts screaming, and I say "How would y'all like to be the first people who hear this new song?" They get even louder, and I'm holding onto Danielle's hand and looking right at her while saying "so this one is for you." "You got me all caught up, the way you look tonight, we could head down town, or I can turn around, up here on the right, ah, look at this sky the rain ain't far from fallin' down, and I wanna get to know you better than I know this little town, yes I do ,I wanna feel your heart go tick-tock while the rain from your hair drip-drops, parked out in the middle of no where, there's a place I can get up against your lips, that's where I wanna be, with you lookin' like this, let's get lost somewhere, anywhere, we ain't gotta hold back, if we're gonna go out, baby, let's go out like that, I'll grab your door, you can take my hand, hop up on my shoulders, and I'll walk us over where we can dance and I'll leave the headlights on so, I can see your face, spin you 'round in the mud, yeah, soak it all up baby. what'cha say, what'cha say I wanna feel your heart go tick-tock while the rain from your hair drip-drops, girl, I'm talking country kinda crazy, yeah out where I can get up against your lips that's where I wanna be with you lookin' like this, let's get lost somewhere, anywhere, we ain't gotta hold back, if we're gonna go out, baby, let's go out like that, I wanna feel your heart go tick-tock while the rain from your hair drip-drops, gettin' country kinda crazy in the middle of no where, out where I can get up against your lips, that's where I wanna be, with you lookin' like this, let's get lost somewhere, anywhere, we ain't gotta hold back, if we're gonna go out, baby, let's go out baby, let's go out like that" Danielle, looks like she's about to cry, we never broke eye contact once while I was singing. I say "So y'all, I have a question for Danielle" I say "Will you be my girlfriend?" Her face lights up and I tilt the microphone towards her and she says "yes" into the microphone, and I lean down, letting our lips collide. I forgot about the 30,000 fans out there screaming, I feel like we're the only two people here.