Chapter Nineteen

Danielle's P.O.V.
I hear footsteps, getting closer and closer to the door, I don't care who it is. I know that if it's Luke, he's going to be curious on why I'm hugging some guy. I pull apart, and wipe away my tears, I turn around to find a very curious looking Luke. He looks pissed off, but that doesn't matter to me right now. I'm so happy, this night just got even better. I say to Luke "Luke, remember how I was telling you that when I was growing up, Ryan had a best friend, Michael, who was like an older brother to me and how he went into the Marines, and he's been in there for 5 years now?" He looks at me confused, but nods his head yes. So I smile at him and say "well this is Michael" His eyes instantly flood with relief. I turn back to look at Michael. He's a little teary eyed himself, and he's approaching Luke, and he sticks out his hand for Luke to shake. They shake hands and exchange nice to meet ya's. Once they're done, I tell Luke, not to tell anyone else that Michael's here, and that I want to have a minute to catch up with him, and that if he would like to stay out on the porch with us, he is more than welcome too. He shakes his head no, and tells me that we should catch up alone. I smile at him and give him a quick kiss. I turn to Michael and say "how did you know where to find everyone?" he says to me "I went to your moms house, no one was home, so then I went to your dads, when no one was there I went to your grandmothers and she told me. So I figured why not come down here and get to see all y'all at once." I laugh and say "Well, I hope you don't mind me stealing you before anyone else knows you're here, so we can catch up." He chuckles at that and says "Of course I don't mind sis, so how have you been? My guess is things are great, since I saw you kiss Luke Bryan." I laugh and say "Well things have been great, I graduated college a little bit over a year ago, before I even graduated, I had a job lined up, to become Luke's tour manager. Thing's between Luke and I moved pretty quickly from the time that I started working for him, I'm sure that you could've seen the video online, to know that I was dating him, well actaully, he proposed to me tonight. We've been together for a year and a half now. Before you ask, he treats me like a princess, and I'm happier than I have ever been with anybody." He smiles at me and says "So, am I invited to the wedding?" I laugh and say "Of course, it's not a wedding without both of my big brothers there" He chuckles and says "That's good, that Luke treats you right. You don't deserve any less than the best and now that I'm done with the Marines, you'll be seeing a lot more of me." I smile and say "So any special lady in your life right now?" He shakes his head no, and says "I'm still looking for the right one, I thought I'd found her, but she got away. From what I know, she's pretty happy now" I give him a shy smile, nod and say "well, let's get inside, before anyone comes looking for me, and sees you, before I sneak you in and surprise everyone." He laughs, and stands up behind me. I tell him to be quiet and we enter the house. He stays behind me, and when I enter the kitchen, I have him wait around the corner. Luke is in the kitchen, smiling at me, he knows what I'm doing, and I yell over everyone, and tell everyone to come into the kitchen. Once they're all in there, I say "well I have a surprise for y'all, come on out here." When Michael rounds that corner, Ryan,Steve,my mom,and all of my friends and anyone that knows him bursts into tears. My mom runs over and gives him a huge hug, then everyone else follows suit.

Luke's P.O.V.
I get to the door way and I see Danielle with her arms wrapped around some guy and she has her head burried in his chest. He has his head resting on top of hers, where he can't see me. Finally, Danielle turns around. She has a huge smile on her face, it might even be bigger than before, then when she finally explains everything to me, I feel relieved. Michael and I introduce ourselves to each other. I leave Danielle and Michael alone to catch up, they havent seen each other in five years, I know that has to be hard, when she's close to her family, and without him there, that must've been difficult. Once I return to the kitchen, Kandice instantly approaches me and asks where Danielle is, shit Luke, think. "She got an important phone call? It's related to the new tour" I blurt out. She studies my face, for a second, then says "Okay" then walks away. I let out a sigh of relief. She bought it, thank god. I know that Danielle will want it to be a surprise that Michael is back. The guys are all still in the living room, talking so I take this opportunity, to go around, and fill up the girls wine glasses for them, and to socialize, trying to not make it noticeable that Danielle is gone. Once I get over to Jaslin,Jolyssa, Kelsey, Kandice, and Gabby, they all look at me and Kandice says "Well, look who finally came out of the living room, to socialize with the brides friends" I chuckle and fill up her glass, and the other girls glasses as well. We make small talk, for a little while. They inform me that they wil be at a few of my shows, and that I have to let Danielle come see them. I laugh at that remark, and tell them, she will get to spend sometime with them, but that they're going to have to share with me. I'm pulled away from this conversation, by Laurie. She says to me "Where did Danielle disappear off too?" That's when Danielle enters the kitchen. I smile at her and say "nowhere, she's right there." I smile at Danielle, as she calls all attention to herself, and makes everyone enter the kitchen. Once Michael enters the room, it's filled with tears,and hugs I guess he was really family. Even Danielle's friends are in tears, it makes sense, since they all used to hangout with each other.