Chapter Seventeen

(3 months later)
Danielle's P.O.V.
Tomorrow is the first day of Luke's new tour. The first show is in Nashville, so we get to stay home, until after tomorrow nights show. I've been living with Luke for 11 months, and we've been together for a year and a half now. Things are great. We spend a lot of time together. I'm grateful that I only work for him, because I'm sure that things would be difficult, if we had a long distance relationship. Luke is taking me out to dinner, at a fancy restaurant tonight. I just finished taking a shower, and I slip on my light pink spaghetti strap dress, with some silver jewelry, I spray on some perfume, check my nails for any chips, and there aren't any. I had them done earlier, Savannah and I had a girls day out, we went shopping, went out for lunch, then got our nails done. I let my hair finish drying, and I start curling it. Once that's finished, I spray it with some hair spray, then I start on my makeup. After that's all done, I check myself in the mirror, and I'm content with how I look. I make my way downstairs, and I see Luke looking at his phone, and he glances up at me. He slides his phone into his back pocket, his jaw drops when I make my way down in front of him. He takes my hand, and spins me around, and pulls me in close to him, and whispers to me "You look gorgeous" I lean up giving him a kiss, and I say "you don't look too bad yourself." he chuckles, and I finish seeing what he's wearing. This is kind of ironic, he's wearing his royal blue button down, with his black jeans and black boots. We're both wearing what we did for our first date. Then he goes over to his jacket and takes something out of the pocket, he hides it behind his back, then pulls it out from behind him, it's a single red rose. He says "this is for you" I smile, and take it from him, getting on my tippy toes to give him a kiss, to thank him. I go to the kitchen and put it in some water, and grab my clutch. I turn around and say to him "ready?" he smiles at me and says "let's go." He follows me out the door, and opens the passanger side door of his truck, grabbing my hand to help me in. Once he climbs in, starts both the engine and radio, he reaches over grabs my hand, and plants a kiss on the back of it. We both softly sing to the radio on the drive to the restaurant. Once we get there, he hops out, and gets my door for me.

Luke's P.O.V.
Danielle and I both order Chicken Parmesan, and she orders wine, and I order a beer. We make small talk, and goof around during dinner, neither one of us care that we're in a fancy restaurant, we're always ourselves around each other no matter where we are. Once we finish dinner, we go out for a walk downtown, we are walking through Riverfront park, when we stop down by the water. I let go of her hand and turn to her "Danielle, I love you so much, you're the best thing that has ever happened to me.I'm the luckiest man alive, I get to spend everyday with you, you make this life worth living. When I'm not home, I miss you, I miss your touch, your voice, your smile, your laugh, I love that laugh, it's music to my ears, it shows me that you're happy, I want to be the reason that you're happy. You're the reason that I wake up everyday with a smile on my face, and the reason that I go to bed every night with a smile on my face. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, or where I am, when you enter a room, I zone out, and all of my attention goes to you. When we kiss, I feel like we're the only two people in the world.You're touch, sends butterflies to my stomach, your kisses make my heart skip a beat, when you tell me that you love me, I can't help but feel like I'm the luckiest guy in the world, because you chose to fall for me. I fell fast and hard for you, and I'm still falling, and I hope that you'll catch me, Danielle Marie Keays, Will you marry me?" I say, as I drop down to one knee, and pull the ring out of my pocket. Her hands fly up to cover her mouth, tears sliding down her face as she shakes her head yes, while I stand up sliding the ring on her finger, I hear her whisper yes. I lean in and kiss her, like I've never kissed her before. As we pull apart, I remember who's behind me clapping. I say to her, "why don't you go say hi to your friends, family, and your soon to be family also" She looks at me and says "you didn't" I smile and kiss her again and say "But I did" she goes running over to them, as they engulf her in a hug.Once I make my way over there, her father shakes my hand,and so does Ryan. She turns to Savannah, as Savannah tells her that she got this all on video. Then I hear Kandice,Jolyssa, Kelsey, Gabby and Jaslin all ask to see the ring. I can't help but laugh. This is perfect, all of our friends and family are here to share this with us. After everyone sees the ring she comes over to me, and gives me a kiss, she can't stop smiling, and neither can I.