Chapter Twenty-nine

Danielle's P.O.V.
Well, tonight I'm running Luke's second Madison Square Garden show, this is a huge show. Everything has to be perfect.The fact that this has to be perfect isn't helping my stress from the whole Michael situation already. But I think that I've got my mind made up. Once I get things finished, I pull my phone out of my pocket, and call Michael. I ask him to meet me downtown for lunch. I text Luke and tell him that I'm going to lunch with Michael and that I will be back later. I meet Michael at the restaurant. We get a corner booth, and order our food. I'm on my seventh cup of coffee, since I didn't get much sleep last night. While Michael and I are waiting for our food, I say to him "Michael, you really need to hear this, listen all the way to the end." He nods and gives me a small smile. I say "well, I've made my decision. It doesn't help that I love both you and Luke, but I know who I'm supposed to spend the rest of my life with, and that's Luke. You left me behind, and a little piece of me will always hate you for that, but an even bigger piece will always love you. I know that I need to spend the rest of my life with Luke and start a family with him, I can just feel it. I feel like he's my missing piece. Michael, those four yearss that we spent apart, I became a different person, I used to think that you were my missing piece, but it turns out that I was wrong. One way that I'm different from before is that I gave up hope, hope in waiting for you to come home. You know that I never used to give up, but I guess things happen. I'm not saying this to make you feel like an ass for letting me go, I'm saying it because you need to hear it. Michael, you'll always be that person who I was in love with in highschool. You'll always be my safe. My home, when I explain young love to my daughter, you'll be my example. I just needed to let you know all of this, I can't string you along like you did me. I hope that you don't let any of this affect our friendship, you'll always be my best friend whether you like it or not." He looks up at me, I can see the glossiness in his eyes,but he holds back the tears like he always used to. He says to me "Danielle, this is going to change things a little bit, but I can't lose you as a friend, and I never want too. I will be at your wedding, and I will be there to meet my neices and nephews, I will be there when you need me. No more missing in action. I feel like a huge asshole for stringing you along for the past four years.I can never change the past, but I can always make changes to the future." I reach over and give his hand a squeeze, and pay for my meal, and get up to leave the restaurant. I decide not to take a taxi back to the hotel, so that way I can take a walk to clear my mind of everything.Once I get to the hotel, I go to Kandice's room. She opens the door and wraps me in a hug, I guess that I still have tear stains on my cheeks. We enter her room, and she makes me some tea, and we discuss things.

Luke's P.O.V.
Danielle and Michael went out to lunch, and Danielle's dad actually asked me if I would go out to lunch with him to talk about something. So right now I'm in a taxi on my way to the resaurant. I walk inside the diner, and I see Ron sitting at a table. I sit down, and we make small talk, then place our orders. While we're waiting for our food Ron says to me "Well, I won't get to see you until the rehersal dinner the day before the wedding. So I figured that we should have this talk now." I nod my head, and take a sip of my water while he continues "Danielle is my little girl, my only daughter. I only want to walk her down the aisle once. So if you have any doubts, tell her now before the wedding, I know that it will break her heart, but divorce is an awful thing, I've been through more than one, and I don't ever want Danielle to experience it. I don't even want you to experience it, you've become part of the family. Hell in two months, you will legally be considered part of the family. She wants children, and I hope that the two of you have discussed that before you get married, because if you're married without knowing that your spouse wants kids, even when you don't, that will cause divorce. That is a major thing, so you better have it all figured out before you put the ring on her finger. Understand?" I say "yes sir, we've already discussed having children. We agree on the idea of having them. I also would like to add that I don't have any doubts in my mind on marrying your daughter, she is the only women out there for me, and she always will be." He smiles and the waitress puts our food down in front of us, and we make small talk while eating our meals. After that, we take a taxi together back to the hotel, today is everyone's last day in New York City besides Danielle and I. We still have a show here tomorrow night.