Chapter Eighteen

Danielle's P.O.V.
I've been staring at my ring, nonstop. I guess Luke noticed, because I hear him calling my name. I look up at him, and he says "what's wrong? You don't like it?" I turn to him and say "That's not it at all. I'm just so happy. I still can't believe that it happened." He chuckles, and reaches for my hand, while putting his eyes back on the road. He brings my hand up to his lips, and places a soft kiss on it. We're on our way back to our house, to celebrate with all of my family, and friends. Once we get back to the house, Luke sits in the living room with the guys, while all of us girls are in the kitchen having a glass of wine. The girls are all talking to each other, and are discussing wedding ideas, but I'm staring down at my ring again. I break out of my trance, and look into the living room, and I see Luke in there having a great time. I feel the smile come across my face, and I hear Kandice next to me say "He really makes you happy doesn't he?" I look up to her, and say "You have no idea. That night when he sang a song to me onstage, then asked me to be his girlfriend, I felt different, than I ever have before." she smiles at me and says "That's good, because if he makes you feel different, in a good way, then it's worth it" I smile at her and say "so, I hope that you're ready to be a maid of honor?" She looks at me, smiles, and says "of course, I am" I give her a big hug. She walks off, to go talk to the girls some more. I'm off in a day dream about how life with Luke is going to be. I feel two arms make their way aroung my waist, then I feel a kiss planted on the top of my head, then somones chin resting on my shoulder. I turn to my right, and I see Luke, with a big grin on his face. I smile at him and say "well hi" He chuckles and leans in, placing a kiss on my lips. I smile, as we pull away, and he grabs my left hand, running his thumb over my ring, and turns to me and says "do you like it?" I smile and say "I love it, it's perfect just like the man who picked it out." He smiles, then kisses me quick, and goes back in with the guys. I go over by the front door, to take off my shoes, and there is a knock on the door. I open the door, and I don't believe my eyes. He's here. He's really here.

Luke's P.O.V.
She said yes. She really accepted my proposal. Right now I'm sitting in the living room, surrounded by all of the guys. All of the important men in Danielle's life, and my father is here also. We're all telling hunting stories, and everyone has some good ones. Lots of funny ones. I look off to the kitchen every so often, to check on Danielle. I see her talking to Kandice currently, she has a huge smile on her face. I think that I did good. She also looks happy, to get to spend time with her best friend, which is much needed. I go back to the conversation with the guys, and I tell Ryan that we need to go on a hunting trip together sometime. Once we finish our conversation, I go out to the kitchen, wrap my arms around Danielle, give her a kiss on the head, then plant my head on her shoulder. She smiles, giving me a kiss. I then ask her if she likes her ring. She smiles at it, and tells me that she loves it. Good, I had to ask Savannah to help me pick one out, and to keep Danielle out of the house, while all of her family and friends arrived. I go back into talk to the guys, because I know that Danielle is going to be busy with the girls. Once I get back into the living room, Ryan and I plan a little bit more of the hunting trip, I end up inviting my father, as well as Steve Danielle's dad doesn't hunt anymore. We plan the trip, for when I have a two week break, during tour. I look up, to see where Danielle is, and I don't see her in the kitchen anymore. Kandice looks at me, and I think that she knows that I'm looking for Danielle. She point towards the front of the house, I get up, and go that way, I see the front door open, and I can hear Danielle crying. As I get closer to the door, I can see out the window,she is hugging some guy.