Chapter Twelve

(8 Months Later,sorry for the time skip but there would've been a lot of filler chapters)
Danielle's P.O.V.
Luke and I have said I love you, it started within the past two or three months, he said it to me one night, while we were watching a movie on his bus. Tonight, is the show in Saratoga Springs, New York. Which means that my family is going to get to meet Luke. I'm nervous but excited at the same time. It's 8am, I have been up since 5, working on getting stuff set up, so I can spend the day with Luke and my family. I'm on my sixth cup of coffee, and I'm backstage, making sure that everyone knows what they're supposed to be doing. I feel a pair of arms snake around my waist, and I tilt my head backwards, to look up at Luke. He leans down and gives me a kiss and says "Good morning" I smile and say "good morning, I have a few more thing to do, then we can go get some breakfast and head to my moms house" he smiles and says to me "how many cups of coffee have you had?" I smirk and say "This is my sixth" and run off to finish up the last few things. Once those are done, I go find Luke, and we make our way into my hometown, Greenwich. Once we're there, we go to the cafe and have some breakfast, and head to my moms house which is only about five minutes away. We pull into the driveway, I lean over and give him a kiss and ask "Are you nervous?" he says "A little bit,  because I have to make a good impression on both your stepdad and your dad" I  smile and say "Steve's the easier one to get along with, so you're in luck for right now" he hops out of the truck, and comes around to my side, and opens my door for me, grabbing my hand, as we walk to the door together. I give his hand a reassuring squeeze, as the front door swings open, and my mom comes running out. Wrapping me in a hug. Then she turns to Luke, and her jaw drops a little bit. I giggle at that and Luke says to her "It's nice to finally meet you ma'am, I've heard a lot about you" she looks between me and him and says "he's a keeper, he's got manners, and I saw him open your door for you. Don't let him get away, and Luke please call me Laurie or mom" I smile at her and say "I won't mamma" Luke looked at me and smirked at that.Then I grabbed his hand, and pulled him inside. when we entered the house, Steve stood up, and Ryan entered the room. I went over and hugged Ryan first, then I hugged Steve. Luke and Ryan shook hands, and said nice to see you again. Luke then turned to Steve, and stuck out his hand, for Steve to shake. They shook hands, and Luke said "Nice to finally meet you sir" Steve nodded is head and said "Likewise, but no need for all of the sir stuff, just call me Steve please" Luke nodded his head. Then we all went and sat down at the table, and I caught up on stuff that I've missed, while Luke got acquainted with Steve.
Luke's P.O.V.
Everything at Danielle's mom house went great. Honestly, when she said that she lived in New York, I thought that she mean't in a city. Well this is the complete opposite of a city. It actually reminds me of home, except, the temperature difference.Now Danielle is driving me over to her dads house, he's the one that I really have to impress. We pull into the driveway, and Danielle parks next to the garage, and turns to me and says "you'll do fine. He's a big softie, but he won't let you know that, but I will." I smile at her, and hop out to go open the door for her. Once she climbs down from the truck, we walk over to the door, and Danielle knocks, and less than a minute later, the door opens to reveal a women. Danielle lets go of my hand giving her a hug. She turns to me and says "Luke, this is my aunt Dar" I smile and shake her hand. Then we go inside, and sit down at the table. A moment later, a man who I'm assuming is Danielle's father enters,and we both stand up, and she goes over to him giving him a hug, and I follow her, and stick out my hand for him to shake. He shakes my hand and I say "Nice to meet you sir" He nods his head in agreement, keeping eye contact and says "nice to finally meet the man who stole my little girls heart" I smile and say "Well she stole my heart too, but you still have special place in her heart." He nods and smiles. Then we all go sit in the living room. After a few minutes Darlene asks us if we would like anything to drink, and Danielle goes to help her, leaving her father and I alone to talk and to get to know each other. I say to him "sir, I care a lot for your daughter, she makes me very happy.I try my best to make her as happy as possible, we've almost been together for a year now, and I would like to spend the rest of my life with her, but I'm not ready to ask to her to  be my wife quite yet, but when the time comes, I would like to have your blessing." He looks at me, with an emotionless face. His lips are in a flat line. He doesn't say anything, he is studying my face, after a minute he says to me  "I talk to Danielle at least once a week, and since you two have been together,  she sounds happier than she did before you were two were together, and seeing her today, she looks happier than ever. When you pulled into the driveway, and I saw you get out,and go around to her side, to get her door for her, I knew that you were the reason why she has been so much happier. It makes me happy that she's happy. So son you have my blessing, for when you're ready." I smile and say "Thank you so much sir" He nods and says "Call me Ron please" I nod, and then we start talking about some less serious subjects.