Chapter 29: Deadly Destination

The wind ripped through them as the clay birds flew rapidly across the sky. Shakirie could feel her hair rip across her face as she pressed herself against the bird. She had left Haruka and red in Rayne's capable hands, and was able to push the wind against the clay birds to her hearts desires. Everything seemed to have blurred slightly but a cry brought her attention back to the group. Cutting the wind off, she turned around to see Karin barely hanging on to the bird. Jugo and Suigetsu trying to pull them up. Deidara and Itachi seemed to have relax slightly before giving her a tight glare.

Rubbing the back of her head, she laughed slightly. "Sorry." Turning to face the mountains ahead, and glancing to the passing snow covered buildings, she thought back to the manga. If she was right. Obito would have meet Naruto by now but since they brought back Sasuke to Konahagakure everything should have changed. They didn't need to stop, not one bit. But, like Itachi had said before, they are normal mortals and needed rest.

"Should we land for a bit?"

Suigetsu was the first to shout, "YES!" and jump down from the clay bird.

Dismissing the clay, they all landed gracefully before sitting down against the tree. Shakirie had walked towards a tree and jump into it. Finding a nice branch, she laid on top and stared to the sky. Once they get there, what were they going to do? Should they follow Sasuke's plan and just burst in or should they do what Naruto did?

Why are you even trying to follow the original story line?

Closing her eyes, she opened them in her mindscape to see Death. His body was nearly visible. It was a bit dark but she was still she was able to see a bit more detailed.

"Because we need to create a happy ending!"

"But what if there is no "Happy Ending" in Naruto Shippuden. You could be leading this world into destruction without even knowing it!" he snarled, showing his teeth as they sparked with lightning.

Shakirie shook her head, "But it's the only-"

Death snarled. Standing to his full height he shoved her down with his claws, "Enough!" He roared. "I have been patient with you, allowing you to follow the storyline to your hearts content, but enough is enough. You are not here to correct the storyline! You're here to improve it!" His claws wrapped even tighter around her. "Do not continue your travels if you will not improve the story. If you continue then I will send you back to your world."

Her eyes widen, "W-What?" She began to breath a bit faster, "But what can we do now?! The story is all we know!"

Huffing, Death released her. His golden eyes lighten up as he sighed, "Don't be afraid of changing things. Just do what is right."

She gasped as she opened her eyes. The sun had begun to set with the moon now beginning to claw to the sky. Huffing, her heart racing, she shook herself. She needed to calm down. Covering her eyes, her breathing began to slow. Thinking about it now wouldn't help. She needed to focus on the objective ahead. Taking a deep breath, she jump down. Her group had already rested up and were waiting for her at the bottom of the tree.

Itachi glanced at her, a slight frown on his face, "Is everything alright?"

Giving him a nod, she smirked, "Just chatting with Death." Punching her fist together, she smirked, "It seems as if I was just given free rein in this world." Giving a dark chuckle, she looked to the sky. For a split second it seemed as if her eyes glowed gold but it disappeared when she faced them. Each held a horrid expression before she jump to the sky.