Chapter 53: Seal Broken

Shakirie was the first to react as the burst of lightning blasted towards them. With her hands outstretch, she sent her own barrage of lightning flaring out, tackling the lightning itself. Madara blinked open, glaring at her before he roared and spread the lightning out further.

Naruto quickly launched a black pole at him, absorbing the chakra lightning from hitting Life. Sasuke lifted his hand slightly before disappearing. Looking around, Madara glared around before spotting him several meters away from the blast. Taking the distraction, Naruto flew right towards him, black pole in hand, and began to attack.

However, it didn't work. Madara's Rinnegan eye grew wide, and quickly Naruto sensed something off. His attack was stopped in midair, but... he was gone. With a single blink, his eyes changed into sage mode and he could sense Madara in front of him. Growling, he sent an attack down, landing a hard hit. But where was he?!

Sasuke quickly moved followed by Shakirie, each of them launching an attack, but it both missed as Madara dodged the attack. Growling, Shakirie launched forward, fist in the air as she continued to attack Madara.

Madara quickly dodged her attacks before focusing on Naruto. With a hand raised, he was about to strike the blond to the ground when Rayne appeared, shield in hand. A loud vibrating ring echoed as she shoved Madara away before sending her ice attacks to force him to back away.

Naruto glared around, "Sasuke, he went over there! I can't see him myself but he's around here somewhere!" shouted Naruto.

Frowning, Sasuke glared right at Madara, "Really? I can see him perfectly!"

Shakirie snarled, "That bastard! You may not be able to see him but even he cannot hide from DEATH!" but not from us!" Roaring, she struck down the Uchiha, tossing him to the ground and shattering it.

Madara stood, glaring at Shakirie but his eye was focus on Sasuke, "Though we don't share the same blood, it is likely that you share some other bond with me," he muttered before launching herself at the teen, "If that's the case, then I'm sure that left eye would be a perfect fit for me!"

Instantly though, he felt something stabbing through him and he looks to find the young Uchiha's sword through his chest. Shakirie glided towards Sasuke, "You see them both?"

Knowing that he did, she whispered, "Formulate a plan, I'll distract him while Life protects you."

Shakirie disappeared before reappearing beside Madara, "Ready or not, here I COME!" She launched attack after attack for a few more minutes before Madara grew tired and simply raised a fist to punch her, but once more Life intervened.

"I grow tired of your interference, you reject." With a shout, he sent another attack at them, launching several black orbs at her. However, her shield held strong. Growling, he shouted, "How is it possible for you to hold your abilities! I've sealed your spirits inside of me!"

"Please, as if you truly understand who we are," Rayne growled as her shield suddenly grew forward with sharp spikes, forcing him away.

Shakirie suddenly appeared, throwing a blast at his back and launching him further, "The Spirits may be removed from our bodies but we were chosen to become Death and Life!"

Madara glared at them before he suddenly vanished. Searching around, Shakirie quickly saw him rip out Kakashi's eye. Sasuke quickly acting, launching several attacks at him only to disappear.

Growling, Shakirie stomps on the ground, releasing a white blast around her, "Great, this is just fan-fucking-tastic!"

"Don't get so worked up, we'll be fine."