Chapter 52: The Scale Falls Apart

Both Life and Death were glaring into the eyes of Madara Uchiha. His single prone form stepping on a fallen shinobi, absorbing the chakra. Roaring, they took off. Death was the first to move, launching themselves high into the air, maw open and releasing a blast.

Madara quickly jumps away, running across the debris as he made his way towards the bijuus. Life, however, stood in his path. Tail sweeping on the ground, they stomp hard, forming thousands of spikes to try and slow him down.

Shukaku suddenly roared at them, "GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

Huffing, Life flash to the right and watch as the one tail released a blast of bullet sand created by Gaara. Madara lifted his arms across his face, eyes closed, "A fine jutsu, but it's still far from being a finishing blow!"

Life was fully prepared to move once again when the body suddenly froze. Turning their head, they could see Gaara's hand extended. Suddenly, Matatabi flew towards Madara, her claws extended and slashing against the Uchiha. He was launch across the field before Isobu, the three tails, rolled into Madara, sending him flying to Goku. The primate laughed and gave a quick kick to Madara's limp form, right into a charging Kokuō.

Not wanting to stand in the side lines, Life and Saiken, the six tails, created a sticky substance in which Madara was stuck into. Death laughed as they joined Chōmei, launching a devastating attack on the down Uchiha.

"NOW SHUKAKU!" shouted Gaara.

The one tailed bijuu extended his arms, wrapping the Uchiha into a tight pyramid, symbols crawling along it. With their own abilities. Life and Death landed in front of the pyramid, fully prepared to seal it off, when a sudden dark sword burst from the seal.

With a cry, Death flew away, arm injured while Life trotted away, eyes never leaving the resurrected Uchiha. However, their attention turn as Death gave a soft moan. Facing them, Life's tail extended and gently cascaded their hair around the injured arm. A soft glow swirled around it, healing the arm in a few seconds.

Rubbing the arm, Death gave Life a short nod before they froze. Something was within the ground, crawling their way towards Madara. Snarling, Life began to stomp against the ground. All the bijuus were staring at them before Death roared.

"SOMETHING'S UNDERNEATH US!" With a blast, it torn the ground to pieces, launching something in the air. However, it was too much power as the thing landed right beside Madara.

It was a white Zetsu.

Madara released a horrifying laugh, causing shivers to run down their spines. Life and Death were releasing a deep growl. Suddenly, his laughter stops and he smears blood across his hands and flash through a very familiar signs. A massive explosion appears and Life and Death gazed at the statue that they had seen throughout the show.

Turning their heads, Life shouted, "RUN BEFORE HE CAPTURES YOU!" Running forward, they placed themselves in front of the statue only to feel something punching against their face, launching them down to the ground while the other bijuus were thrown several miles away.

Shaking their head, Life lifted their head only to gasp as the statues mouth open, releasing chains form its mouth. Each of them began to wrap around a bijuus' neck and pulling them towards the thing. A chain had even reach for them only for Death to blast it away.

Snarling, the Death dragon opens its maw to release another blast only for a chain to attack itself around its mouth a neck.

"I grow tired of your insolence."