Chapter 43: Striving Forward to End All!

The pounding water from the falls echoed in the darkness of the sacred cave. Vibrations from the room where Naruto and B trained alerted her to their presence but was thoroughly ignored when she had to block an incoming attack from Choji's cousins.

They were massive men, each of them sporting the familiar Akimichi look and symbol. With a hand outstretch, she caught one of the staff and smoothly swung it around her much smaller form. Reaching forward, the grabs the armor and with a simply move, toss the massive man.

A hard thud was heard before she melted into the ground and took hold of the other man. With her mind, she grasp him and tosses him through the water before lifting herself up.

You have improved immensely, Rayne

"All thanks to both you and these shinobis," she laughs as the two brothers walk back into the cave. With a wave of her hand, she shook off the dirt on one and removed the water on the other.

Both huffed, "We are one of the strongest in our clan and you easily lifted us off the ground."

"True, but you are quiet fast and agile for someone your size and height," she smiled before dodging another attack.

"Are you calling us fat?!"

Jumping away, she shook her head, "Of course not! From where I'm from, people of your size are slow and plumb lazy, you two are way above that and completely epic!"

They huffed again, chest protruding, before walking away to stand guard by the entrance.

Rayne glance several times at the water fall, frowning slightly, unlike her, Shakirie was able to go a few chapters into the manga before they were taken. Rayne knew that the Dead had risen and about Naruto leaving, but she didn't read that, Shakirie did and not even she could remember what happens.

Sighing, she sat down in front of the group, eyes closed.

Opening them, Life stood in front of her. The massive dragon had re-entered his stone, deeming that it was unnessary for him to be in the world where he was not needed at the moment. She would have thought that after being stuck in the stone for who knows how long, he would jump at the opportunity of being in the outside world. He merely laughed, saying that he was content as he was and would travel the world once more when their objectives were finished.

Right now, Life was wadding through the water, Rayne on top of his crown, "So... he's gonna run for it..."

"Yes, and when he does, you are to join Shakirie in her war. She cannot hold out forever. Even with Death out, it would take a lot out of her."

"That's for sure," Rayne grumbled, "Even though she's been training since we got here all those months ago, these people have been training since they could walk. She doesn't have their stamina, even though she has the fire power to knock people out with one hit. Man, I know that I won't last a few hours until I fall flat on my ass, tired."

Life growled, "It matters not, we will protect you when both you and Shakirie grow weary. We shall provide for both of you until you and Shakirie regain your strengths."

Rayne smiled and patted Life's massive, stony, crown, "Aw, thanks Life."

He hummed before he stops, turning slightly, "It appears that Naruto has left his room."

Blinking her eyes open, she found agitated blue eyes in front of him. "I'll talk to him Gen-san," began a voice.

Turning her head, she saw Iruka walking forward, a determined look on his face.