Chapter 47: Eye Opener

The whole world was in chaos. Explosions rippling the earth itself, shattering open and spilling its innards for all to see. Painful cries of the people were still screaming in their ears as they fought. Flashes of light appear and disappear every every single minute followed by a massive boom.

But at the moment, they were not focused on the violence of the war beyond them. Of the cries of the people dying, living, surviving, only one thing truly mattered to them at the moment.

Rippling roars of the Yamata-no-Orochi attacking both Life and Death provided the distraction of both girls as they watch the Spirits that they hosted fight for the balance of this world.

When Life had appeared, the first thing that the giant did was run head first into the massive dragon, knocking the beast to the ground and pinning it with earth and wood. Soon, Death followed, releasing a torrent of lightning onto the dragon from it's spikes before taking a deep breath and releasing a massive blast of fire that melted the earth.

The dragon, however, was not through. Breaching the earthy tomb, six of its eight heads focused on the Spirits before releasing a blast of fires from its own mouth onto the pair. Death easily blocked the attack with his massive wings before taking off into the skies. Life kicked his forelegs high into the air before stomping into the ground that sent a thick wall up to shield him.

Slithering quickly, the eight headed dragon circled Life, each of their mouths open to release another torrent of fire, before they were thwarted by Death. The massive black dragon had dived towards Orochi before it opened it's wings, releasing a gale that shoved the dragon through the wastelands until it reached an untouched forest.

During the fight, both Rayne and Shakirie stared in awe from their view on the cliff. They flinched when the tails of the eight headed dragon slam into Death, knocking him to the ground and cheered when he got up while Life created a barrier of wood and earth to block any further attacks.

Suddenly, Orochi roared and tackled Life, throwing him towards their cliff. Screaming, both girls took off into the sky, Shakirie pulling them much quicker into the air. Life turned his head, glaring at the both of them,

"Do not remain here!" he roared before Orochi tacked him once more only to be pulled away when Death grabbed hold of its tails and throwing it from Life.

Death growled at them, "This is our battle, Shakirie, Rayne, find a safe place to hide while we take care of this eight headed freak." Turning his head, he gave a massive roar and flew towards the dragon, sending a blast of fire at it.

Shakirie glared at them, "What are we supposed to do, sit on our asses and look pretty?!"

Death turns towards them, eyes flashing, "You cannot do anything! Not in your condition- GAH!" Four of Orochi's heads took hold of his hind leg and bit down hard.

Life took a deep breath and released a massive blast of ice that distracted them, forcing them to release Death; who blasted fire onto them, causing them a large amount of damage.

"You are in no condition to fight," He dodged a blast of fire, "You are already pressing your limit even if you are rested."

Death slams his tail, slicing several scales off the dragon before Life charged head first once more, throwing the eight headed dragon even further from where the girls stood. The Spirit of Death approached them and shoved them away from the battle with his wind, "LEAVE!" He ordered before taking off into the sky.

Shakirie glared at the battling dragons before Rayne tugged her tattered sleeve. "Maybe their right. We can use this chance to rest some more in order to fight with them."