Chapter 48: A Grand Entrance

Rayne felt the healing hands of one of the dozens of medics and gazed in absolute horror of the Juubi's attacks. She could see Life tacking the creature before it wrapped its tails around Life and threw him several miles away, but it did not deter the spirit as he quickly stood up before opening his maw and releasing a blast of ice that froze several of the flailing limbs before it shattered itself free.

"That thing... is ridiculously powerful..."

"Yes..." spoke a monk who she learned to be Sentoki. "That is the terrifying Bijuu, The Juubi."

A rippling roar echoed to them as Life once more sent a barrage of ice at the creature.

"Life... he knew, it didn't he?"

A thud appeared as a man, who was now the new Yōgankage, Hitoshi Maki, sat beside her. His dark brown hair was tied back with several strands escaping. Deep red eyes were watching the battle between the Demon and Great Spirit.

"He does," facing Rayne, he told her, "Life has been here for a very long time and had entered our world after its creation. We do not know how long, but from what the legend has told us, that Life and Death fought along side with the Sage of Six Path."

"WHAT?!" she shouts only to flinch when a medic knocked her head a bit and muttering curses. "Sorry," Rayne apologized.

The kage chucked before continuing, "Yes, legend goes that when the rabbit goddess of the moon threatened the world, Life and Death stood beside the Sage of Six Paths and fought against her along with his two sons and sealed her away in the moon. I don't know much more than that I'm afraid."

"Trust me, that's more than enough."

Instantly the whole ground began to vibrate and they turned to see the beast on it's back legs, roaring at Life, who roared back before tackling it once more. The Juubi was prepared. With it's tails, it took hold of Life's horns and forced him to his side. Life, however, was not beaten. The ground burst out, stabbing into the Juubi.

With a slash of its tails, it removed the jutting spikes and jumps back several miles. Lifting its head, it gave a gurgling roar that rippled the sky. Seconds passed and the winds grew sporadically before thunder clouds bellowed into the fields.

"W-What?!" Rayne shouts befores standing up, looking around.

Hitoshi huffed, "That Juubi... I suspected as much, seems to be a force of nature itself."

The storm grew into a massive hurricane until Rayne couldn't even name the next category. Tornadoes swirled to life, lightning scattered across the lands, stinging rains struck them with sheer coldness.

Glaring ahead, she saw Life standing up, eyes glowing. Tilting his head towards the clouds, he roared. Knowing what he was doing, Rayne stood and glared up into the sky, "He may be a force of nature," she started, raising her hands into the air. Her eyes glowed into a bright green that slowly began to turn blue, "But so are we!"

She felt the nature reaching down towards her, threatening to pull her apart, but she refused to give in. She could hear Life's roaring in the back ground, as if to encourage her to keep going. Stretching her hands even wider, she growled out a roar herself and pulled apart the storm.

Gasping for air, she collapsed to the ground only for several medics to crowd her. "Where's Shakirie when I need her..."

GRUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!

Grumbling, she slowly rose up, glaring a head only to find something truly terrifying. The demon... was aiming directly towards her. Its gaping mouth open to revealed one of the ugliest and biggest flower she had ever seen.