Chapter 55: Restoring Balance

The world around the shinobis were restored as they faced forward to find all nine bijuu surrounding them. Kakashi watched with bemusement as Itachi hovered over a tired Sasuke and Neji rolling his eyes as Naruto waved enthusiastically at Kurama.

"YO! KURAMA!" laughed the blond. "Were ya lonely all by yourself over here?" then he shouted even louder, "I MISSED YOU!"

Embarrassed, the large nine-tailed fox flipped off the blond, "Don't scream stupid, sentimental drivel like that at me! I wasn't lonely at all!" he growled, "Half of me was in you the whole time for crying out loud!"

The Sage of Six Paths chuckled, "Kurama, of all people, is getting embarrassed and flustered," he turned to face the nine-tails, "but this is exactly what I had envisioned would happen." He smiled, facing Naruto, "Even the tailed beasts would, of their own will, desire to cooperate with you all because a ninja like this one has appeared."

Suddenly, the sage began to search around, "Though I know that Naruto and Sasuke was able to seal Kaguya away, I am curious to meet Life and Death." He gave a slight frown, "I haven't seen them in so long that-"

THUD, THUD

Two loud thuds crashed into the ground, forming large craters.

The sage quickly turned towards the crater, flying towards it. Looking into one of them, he quickly looks towards Sakura, "I need your assistant, now!"

Hearing his sharp command, Sakura was about to move forward when she suddenly collapsed to the ground, "I-I can't..."

Naruto and Sasuke quickly jump into the holes, jumping out just as fast and holding onto two bodies.

Shakirie and Rayne were in horrible conditions. Lacerations were all across their bodies, burn marks were scattered, however, the worst of all was the holes within their hands. Neji and Itachi quickly appeared beside the two teens, ripping their own shirts and formed bandages to wrap them.

The sage moved forward, eyes narrowed as a deep frown appeared on his face.

They weren't breathing.

Sighing, he leans away, "As... I feared, he whispered." Moving back, he watched as both teens vainly tried to stop the slowing bleeds. "Naruto, Sasuke, they are gone."

The blond glared at the sage as Neji tightens the wrap around Rayne's arm, "No! They're fine," Naruto muttered softly, as Neji lowering Rayne to the ground.

Minato softly moved towards the blond, "Naruto..."

Suddenly, Sasuke moved, his hands sparking with chakra. Touching onto Shakirie's chest, a flare of chakra surged into her body. Itachi frowned at Sasuke, but his eyes were watching him carefully, "Neji," the teen looks towards Itachi, "Use you Byakugan on Shakirie.

Without saying a single word, veins began to form at the very edge until he gasps, "H-Her chakra cords... they're filling and holding chakra!" Itachi gave a sharp nod before leaning down and holding a hand on top of Sasuke, sending his own chakra into her. Instantly he moved, his hands swirling with chakra, placing it on her chest, he closed his eyes. However, he felt another hand on top of his. Opening his light lavender eyes, he found Naruto's hand on his.

"I'll help!"

Not even saying a word, he faced Rayne, watching as the chakra fill within Rayne.

...

He suddenly felt it...

A small and weak heartbeat.

A smile formed on his face as he felt her begin to stir. Naruto, joy forming within him, moved closer, "Come on Rayne, wake up!"