Chapter 15: A New Village?

A soft light entered the spacious room when Rayne heard a soft voice. Lying on her arms, she felt the plush mattress underneath her before she fully pushed herself up. Stretching, she jumped off before heading for her scrolls. Today was the day where they were heading to the fire temple. It was surprisingly close than she expected, maybe because she and the others didn’t stop to take a break like a normal person would. Rayne actually was walking on air, literally, so that she wouldn’t get exhausted so easily.

Opening the scrolls she smiled as she dug through her kimono box, pulling out the white silk dress with the phoenix on it. She had it trim back to be able to walk easily without the back dragging to the ground. Smoothing it out, she went to another box where she had her undergarments and towels at, before she left to head towards the bathroom, which was conveniently in the same room!

Opening the door, she smiled. It was a marble bathroom with a blush bath rug. Looking up she could see that it was actually an open bathroom since it was literally at the top floor of the hotel. Walking towards the marble wall, she hung her towel on one of the many hangers before turning on the hot water. She quickly got undress before she realized that she forgot to grab her soap and shampoo.

Grumbling to herself, she wrapped a towel around her body and quickly went back to her room. With another scroll, she retrieved her items when the door opened. By the door was none other than Neji. They stood there for a second before he simply closed the door as if nothing had happen. Blinking, she shrugged her shoulders and went back to the bathroom.

Once she finished up, she put on the dress as well as a pair of white tights and white sandals. After she finished up packing up her things, she walked out the door to see quite a sight. Right in front of her was an unconscious Neji with Tenten holding on of her many larger weapons.

“Okay…what happened?”

The kunoichi stared at her before she ran at her, grabbed her shoulders, and began to shake her, “Are you insane! He just walked into your room!”

“I had a towel on!” Rayne complained.

Tenten twitched before she sighed loudly, “Are you serious?  How could you not be upset over that?”!

Smiling, she tossed the scrolls over to Tenten where she placed them amongst another bag. “Because he didn’t stay, he just turned around and went back to his usual self.”

She still stared at her before she shouted, “I give up!” before walking back to the door where Lee and Gai stood.

Rayne looked to Lee before looking at Neji, “Well…someone has to carry him,” leaning closer to the ninja she whispered, “It’ll be good training.”

“I SHALL DO IT!”

Suddenly, the Hyuga stood up and glared at the other ninja, “Don’t you dare!”

Smiling, she waved at them both before walking out of the room. The others stared at her before jogging to her as well. Going to her pack that Tenten gave her, she pulled out the Land of Fire map, “Well, it’s about half a day to get to the temple, so let’s get going!”

Leaving the hotel, they were walking towards the exit of the small gambling town, when she found herself face to face with the gambling group she had beaten the day before. Instantly, Neji and Tenten stood side by side with her behind them while Lee and Gai stood behind her. Even her little sooty owl stood on guard on her shoulder, glaring at the group. A bit shocked by the sudden action, she continued to walk pass them both. The gambling group continued to glare at her before they had actually left the town.

Suddenly, she was lifted by Lee and they vanished in a wind of leaves. Rayne had instinctive grabbed onto the shinobi as they traveled quickly down the road and back into the forest. They continued the pace for an hour before she finally felt them slow down and land near one of the many rivers in the land. Lee gently placed her back down where she stared at them. Ghosty gave them a heated glare, before taking off, believing that she would be able to keep up just find by herself.