Chapter 40: Death's Offer

Shakirie hid behind the trees where the clearing was. Her single Sharingan eye on as she counted the people before her that were speaking to one another. It... was the whole village. Men, women and women wore their armor, a frown upon their faces as they glared around, their eyes glowing slightly red in the evening sun.

A memory played in her head as she watches them looking around.

"Red eyes?"

Shakirie nodded. She was sitting next to Chi-Chi, eating the last meal before she headed towards the balcony where the generals were. At first she was apprehensive since Itachi was with her, but after a few moments with the Uchiha, she simply got over it and enjoyed her food.

The old woman hummed, "Well, from what I can recall, the Hai-hagakure have a special keke-genkai that allows them to see the energy of Nature. Sort of like the Byakugan."

"The forces of Nature?"

Chi-Chi nodded, "Yep, their eyes will change into a red color, and no matter where you are, if you have any form of chakra nature, they'll find you."

Leaning back, she smirked, "The reason why Iwagakure hasn't taken over the land is because of this technique. The idiots keep getting their asses handed to them because they could see a massive chakra army or group from a mile away and they are usually stopped before they reached the place."

Then she looked at Shakirie, "If your going to fight against them, becareful, they've been training for this war since the beginning of the Legend. They have means to make you vulnerable, Shakirie-chan."

"How?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "Don't know, but I know they are." Then she looked towards the people around them, "But let me give you a bit of advice, those special eyes that they have, have a major downfall."

"They can't see through objects, being around nature that has chakra can hinder them so stay behind something big."

And that was what she was doing. Hiding behind a massive tree. The sensory groups would be usless against her since she had no chakra and with the tree blocking their sight, they wouldn't be able to see her." Leaning forward, she glared at them.

There were at lest twenty... or thirty thousand. Mostly older men and women. However, her blood boiled when she saw several children that couldn't be older than five within the midist. Elders were already huffing, probably when they were running for a while since they're home was on the other side of the globe. There were even civilians speaking to one another.

They were nervous.

They were scared.

That bastard, Ryuu, brought his whole fucking village to die.

"Mom..." her eyes found themselves facing a small boy with spiky red hair and light brown eyes. The outfit he wore seem so big on him and the small sword in his hand dragged on the ground.

He looks to be six.

The mother was beside him and she knelt, "Yes Kentaro?"

"Why are we here?"

The mother glanced around before saying, "We're here to bring Shakirie-sama back home with us."

"But, I thought she doesn't want to come back?"