Chapter 35: Date Night

Shakirie was waking up as usual, six in the morning by Deidara randomly opening the door and the smell of Itachi's cooking in the air. Giving a glare at the blond, she stood up and place a robe on. Yawning, she walks out of her room and down the hall. Deidara probably already left while Sasuke still remained missing after the Hokage's latest mission, babysitting. She snickered when she saw the Uchiha chasing after three evil kids that screamed for sweets and other such stupidity.

Sitting down in her usual seat, she heard the dishes being clinked in front of her while Itachi was sitting across from her. "What has put you in such a good mood, Shakirie-chan."

Chan... since they began dating, Itachi has been using that ending. It made her slightly blush but she gave him a smile, "Just thinking of Sasuke's latest mission."

"Ah, yes, that would put a smile on anyone's face," he chuckled as he sipped his tea.

A nice calm entered the room as Shakirie ate some of the miso soup. One of these days, she's going to introduce this man to an American breakfast. She mentally snickered, oh that would be hilarious.

True, the poor brat wouldn't know what an egg benedict was if it slapped him in the face

Be nice, chided Shakirie before Itachi's voice pulled her back to him.

"There is something that I wish to discuss with you, Shakirie-chan." Putting the tea cup down, he looked up at her with his dark eyes. "Would you like to join me tonight for dinner at one of the resturants that was just rebuilt."

She blinked, and blinked again, before she stuttered, "S-Sure."

A smile appered on his face and he stood up, "Then I will pick you up at the Uchiha Compound when I return from my mission, which is a short scroll delivery to one of our outpost." He walked around the table and kissed her on the cheek before disappearing.

She couldn't move.

"Did...did Itachi just asked me... on a date?!"

Death groaned.

Everything was calm today. No explosions, no fires, no random bolts of lighting, and the Spirit of Death had left in... well... good spirits, saying that he will return tomorrow after gathering more information of the war. Shakirie on the other hand... was a nervous wreck. She didn't understand why she was feeling this nervous!

For Pete's sake it was just one lousy date!

Rubbing her eyes, she simply sat there in the middle of the Forest of Death, ANBU watching her carefully and curiously. Guess them seeing her not blowing shit up was something totally new to them. However, it seems that they were slightly worried, for one of the ANBU, wearing a bird mask, appeared.

When her eyes met the mask eye slits, he raised a blond brow, "What?"

He shuffled a bit, before kneeling down to be in the same eye level as her, "Is something wrong, Shakirie-sama?"

Huh... that was new. Guess this kid was actually worried. Sighing, she leaned against one of the gigantic trees. "Its..." she sighed loudly. Why the fuck was this so hard?! Shakirie glanced up, a fierce blush on her face, "Well..., fuck maybe I should ask Rayne..." a sudden picture of Rayne shouting to the world of her date appeared, "...never mind." Standing up, she glared at the ANBU, who flinched back.

Poking his chest, she asked, "Have you ever been on a date?"

He stood there, staring and probably gaping behind his mask, "...EH?!"