Chapter 45: War

The wind carried the group further and further into the rocky planes. The dust billowing behind them as they sped as quickly as possible to the front of the battle field. The sun has now risen, the hours trickling by as it grew in height. It must be roughly seven by now, and she knew that neither jinchuurikis have eaten. Moving to the side, she slowed them down before taking a large mound of dirt and carried it with her. Very delicately, she formed several barriers that were easy to make and passed it to the both of them.

Giving her a thanks, they were about to eat when both suddenly froze. Frowning, she glanced at the two. Naruto suddenly spoke, "Those must be the hazy presences that I kept sensing! So that means I'm the only one that can take care of it!" He was quiet for a few seconds before stating, "I know that already! They're not going to catch me that easily." His eyes narrowed down, listening to the voice, "...To put every last human under the power of your genjutsu... the "Eye of the Moon Plan"."

Blinking, Rayne shouted, "What on earth are you talking about?"

Both suddenly look to where she was. B frown, "You telling us you can hear him?"

"Eh, no, should I?"

Naruto gasp, "That's right, you have no chakra, so Shikaku-san can't get a hold of you!" Naruto nods before facing her, "Madara plans on capturing both B and I to complete the Eye of the Moon plan. It's a massive genjutsu that'll effect the whole world-"

"There's no time for explanations," Rayne shouted, her eyes looking ahead, "We've got company!"

Naruto and B looked forward to find a company meeting up with them.

Life gave a loud roar, Those are not humans!

With a golden blur, Naruto burst forward, striking down the disguised shinobis. With a wave of her arms, Rayne threw B forward, sending him into the mass to land beside Naruto. Clapping her hands together, the ground burst forward and began to swallow them up. "Naruto!"

"ON IT!" lifting a single finger, a small rasengan was forming. With a quick motion, the small blast was released... and engulfed the mound. Rayne lowered her hands but was watching in fascination as small trees began to grow from the spot.

Looking at the two, she shouted, "Alright let's keep moving!" With a twirl of her wind, she burst forward, letting the two follow her. She could sense three forms in the distance, judging by the tremors she felt in the earth. "Three forms ahead, unknown if they're enemies or not."

Naruto gave a sharp nod and burst forward in untold speeds.

Seconds later and the sounds of an explosion appeared.

Floating high above them, she saw them chatting for a bit. "YO!" she shouts, grabbing their attention, "We need to keep going, there's a big ass group over in that direction!"

Both gave her a nod and charged forward. Lifting herself higher, she saw the massive forest before them and in the distance, explosions. They were close now, but...

Her eyes gazed to the west of her location, deeper into the mountains and forestry. She could feel something massive, heavy, and moving even closer to where they were.

"I need to find Shakirie," she muttered before gliding down. As they ran, she glared at them both, "This is where I leave you. Gaara's army is through this forest, you'll be there soon, but be careful, there's are small vibrations of two people in the forest."

Naruto frowned, "Are you sure it's wise to split up so soon, you won't have any back up."

Laughing, Rayne flew slightly lower, gliding besides the two running males, "True, but don't worry. Life is right here with me, and besides," her head looked behind them, "It seems that you won't be doing this alone." Twirling in the air, she gave them a sharp wave and disappeared into the sky.