Chapter 16: Who are you?

Everything around her seemed to taunt the blond as she continued to glare heatedly around. Death, who she had recently taken a liking to calling him ridiculous names, was leisurely wrapped around her. Though she couldn’t see his whole body, it seems as if the darkness around her was slowly lifting and revealing his body. Right now she could see his color more clearly. Unlike the murky brown from before she could tell that the scales on him was quite frightening. His underbelly as well as under the jaw and his mouth was black like ebony before it slowly transformed into a blood red. However, she could barely see the arms that seemed to be curled underneath him.

Death growled softly as his glowing gold eyes glared at whatever he was able to see through the stone. Apparently the stones that are attached to her and her friend’s hands are like looking glass, and are able to see through them. Shakirie had asked several times who had taken her, but his sharp jaw was clenched tight as he hissed.

His gold eyes dimmed a bit as he focused back at her, “It seems like you are finally waking up, do not do anything foolish!” He snarled as he eyes began to glow once more, “Looking through you memory about this anime, this character has not appeared at all so be wary.”

Shakirie, who had glared at him earlier for not answering her in the beginning, paused for a second. The dragon tilted his head downward and frowned, not sure why she was staring at him. Then a smirk appeared and she nudged his neck, “Aw, you do care!”

A low rumble echoed in the darkness. “Don’t speak such nonsense, the only reason why I would care is due to the fact that our lives are connected.”

Shakirie tilted her head, trying to look at his golden eyes, “What? Like with Naruto?”

Humming a low growl he stated, “Of sorts…however…I will not allow you to die any pitiful deaths, only the best for my…host.”

“Host, are you some sort of parasite?” she asked, blue eyes widening a bit.

Suddenly everything dropped several degrees as the dragon leaned forward, his sharp black fangs sneering down at her, “Oh…you make it sound like a bad thing.”

Everything around her smelled different than the familiar mountain air from Kumogakure that she was so used to. The sound of ruffling clothes slowly began to draw her out of her conscious. Blue eyes blinked against the morning sun as she opened them to a new area. Her mind still muddled from what had knocked her out. She felt her legs and right arm sway haphazardly before everything began to fall into place.

Gasping, she shoved whoever had hold of her, making her fall flat on her back in the hard ground. Looking back up, she found herself gazing at a pair of dark brown eyes. Glaring fiercely at the stranger, she stood up and jump several feet away from him, her hands glowing brightly from the electricity gathering in her fist.

The man however seemed calm as he watched her in interest, especially at her hands. Though she didn’t move her glare away from her, she found herself staring at her surroundings. It wasn’t like the Lightning country. There was more mountains than there plains and there was only a few trees gracing them. However what she was looking for remained unseen.

“Red…Haruka…” The familiar wolf and hawk remained unseen as she called their names.

The man staring at her smirked before tossing a scroll that he pulled out of his back pocket, “You must be looking for your two partners, well…” he shook the scroll, “It seems that they are here.”

Shakirie gave the man a sharp glare, her hands changing from sparks of electricity to howling winds. The stranger that had kidnapped her glanced down, a frown on his face. Suddenly he tossed the scroll towards her, making her wind grab it instinctively before she took it herself. For a moment, she paused and stared at him.